News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

How To make a Homepage.

Started by superrobot48, November 19, 2013, 06:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superrobot48

How TO make a customized homepage and a special tab for forum like www.simplemachines.org there u have a home and a community tab for forum ??

<Edited to remove caps-locked stuff in the title>

Cyberhost

Well you create the homepage and in the navigator you add link to your forum.

Storman™

What you need is a portal, do a search for "Portal" in the mods sections and you'll find a few.

IMO Simpleportal is pretty good and will do what you need.   ;)

superrobot48

I know how to create the home page but i dont know how to add the link where there is no action but plain index.php

@storman thanks, i will try it but i hate plugins it shows white screen and i have a ram of 158 mb

Storman™

Quote.........and i have a ram of 158 mb

You might struggle with that ram, you really need better hosting or more resources.

Arantor

Sorry but that's not actually good advice.

128MB should be plenty for almost every situation. It's only cases where the host says it offers that and actually doesn't (like 000webhost) where there is a problem as per http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=502354.0

* Arantor runs his sites with a default limit of 16MB, expanding to 128MB if needed and only ever has to go above that for huge attachments.

Storman™

Ok I agree on the ram aspect in that it quite possible to run with much lower levels but much depends on so many factors like how busy the site is, mods installed, type of hosting, and so forth.

However, by his own admission he's getting problems so he certainly needs better resources/hosting than he has now to achieve what he wants.

superrobot48

I cant find the addon u said can u gimme the link?

Storman™

superrobot48

It shows "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

superrobot48

it shows unable to load portal template xD!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: superrobot48 on November 19, 2013, 06:17:16 AM
I know how to create the home page but i dont know how to add the link where there is no action but plain index.php

You know how to create a homepage but don't know how to add a link, strange because a typical homepage is a conglomerate of links & images, yes? I use Simple Portal myself but PM me if you need help constructing the link for a custom homepage you're attempting, html links are easy for me...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Storman™

superrobot48

Thanks You All, thanks storman <3

Advertisement: