News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

New host, new problems - please help

Started by TMAS, November 21, 2013, 05:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

Just got to go down the road, for something. Gimme fifteen minutes...

TMAS

np m8, thx for helping out!

hmmm I see a couple of threads here with same prob :-(

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=510684.msg3603820#msg3603820
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=500763.msg3516139#msg3516139

None have a clue of what it could be... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ( a bad aaaaaaaah )
= still love my YaPP site =

kat

All is not, yet, lost. :)

Admin>Server settings>Cookies and Sessions.

One of these will be selected, the other, not:

Enable local storage of cookies
(SSI won't work well with this on.)

Use subdomain independent cookies
(turn off local cookies first!)

Try switching them around.

You can also make sure that "Use database driven sessions" is selected.

TMAS

tried all possible combos before I started this thread. And yes removed cookies after changing the settings!
I am one of those people that searches the internet before asking for help...

only come here when totally lost :-)

TMAS

kat

I'm totally lost, now, too.

Those two topics you linked to didn't get solved, either.

I have to suspect one of your host's settings. But, I really can't think quite what.

I'll flag-up your php.info topic, to the others, to see if anyone else can make and sense, of this...

TMAS

TMAS

just to add:

sql server is not localhost
subdomains created by simple creatung a folder in htdocs
I can provide admin/ftp & phpmyadmin logins

T

kat

CoreISP has noticed something.

Quote from: CoreISP on November 21, 2013, 08:18:49 AM
PHP 5.3.10 is quite er... old, by the way. 5.3.27 is the current release for the 5.3 branch.

No idea if that could be what's screwing things, though.

kat

Another one, from Margarett...

Administration Center » Security and Moderation » General

Try disabling "Disable administration security", to see if that stops the weird change of page, for you.

TMAS

Quote from: K@ on November 21, 2013, 09:37:55 AM

Try disabling "Disable administration security", to see if that stops the weird change of page, for you.

tried, same story - just doesnt display the extra password verification when going into admin.
Sounds a bit unlikely that php version 5.3.10 would do something like this..

Strange stuff! thx for the tries!

T

kat

Well, hopefully others will see my post, later on. Maybe someone can think of something else.

Sure is weird...

margarett

Quote from: TMAS on November 21, 2013, 09:48:34 AM
Quote from: K@ on November 21, 2013, 09:37:55 AM

tried, same story - just doesnt display the extra password verification when going into admin.
So, it goes from Package Manager to Administration Center, is that it?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

Looking at his screenshot, it just totally logs him out.

Weird...

Herman's Mixen

first disable caching... second rename your cookie for smf... third clear the session table... drop the sessions with the red cross in phpmyadmin.... fourth... clear your browsers cache

try again after that, also look into your error logs SMF and Apache error logs could tell something ?!
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Arantor

Dropping the table is a very bad idea unless you're going to recreate it again...

Kindred

you should never DROP the tables...

if you mean to clear it, use TRUNCATE
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Arantor

Quote from: The Burglar! on November 22, 2013, 02:28:49 PM
first disable caching... second rename your cookie for smf... third clear the session table... drop the sessions with the red cross in phpmyadmin.... fourth... clear your browsers cache

try again after that, also look into your error logs SMF and Apache error logs could tell something ?!

This could very easily confuse users.

HRM

Quote from: K@ on November 21, 2013, 01:49:24 PM
Looking at his screenshot, it just totally logs him out.

Weird...

Just dropping by....
Did the topic end or got solved? Cause Im facing the same issue. Also tried all options above.

But issue is, that I dont really get logged out cause when e.g. [show list] is opened in new window it shows the login screen but in the previous window you r still logged in. Same if opened in same window and after that click on Home button you will still be logged in. :(

Quote from: Community Verlaten on November 22, 2013, 02:28:49 PM

Have not tried this one in this order yet. Will report If I know more.  ;D
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

Advertisement: