News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

how to Change Favicon?

Started by snoweye, November 27, 2013, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoweye

Quote from: Arantor Beeblebrox the First on November 27, 2013, 11:18:41 PM
So I actually went to the site to see what was going on and was confronted by an obnoxiously large background image that 95% of which can't be seen anyway.

But I don't see any code, which means we're back to putting favicon.ico on the site in the same folder where index.php and SSI.php are (and agreement.txt)

can you show me a picture of this because I've tried my site on 3 different browsers and it all comes up fine :/

Quote from: Krash. on November 27, 2013, 11:14:31 PM

If you put the .ico file in the forum root (where agreement.txt is), browsers should pick it up without any code.  I use that code in index.template.php if I have theme specific favicons, so that each theme shows a matching favicon.

just moved it where agreement.txt is and still no favicon, Im not joking like I used to have a different site the exact same 2 years ago and changing the favicon was the least of my problems. I figured it out by myself pretty quick I donno whats going on now

can one of you possibly connect with me on TeamViewer and check it out?

Sir Osis of Liver

What is the url to the favicon file?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Which now exists and now works. It just might take time to show up.

As for the background picture, do you *really* need a 1.2MB picture in the background? I run a narrowish screen (about 1000px wide) and I don't even see the sides of the image lurking outside the forum frame.

1.2MB for an image is ridiculously oversized and for anyone going to your site it's going to take time to download and slow everything down.

Kindred

wow....   no image used for a website should be larger than a few hundred KB at most....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

snoweye

Quote from: Arantor Beeblebrox the First on November 27, 2013, 11:36:58 PM
Which now exists and now works. It just might take time to show up.

As for the background picture, do you *really* need a 1.2MB picture in the background? I run a narrowish screen (about 1000px wide) and I don't even see the sides of the image lurking outside the forum frame.

1.2MB for an image is ridiculously oversized and for anyone going to your site it's going to take time to download and slow everything down.

lol my bad im fixing that right now. that came straight from photoshop so thats probably why lol

snoweye

The background is 400kb now ill probably be making it smaller

my favicon shows up now tho! thanks for the help :P!

Sudhakar Arjunan

thank you for the post.

Changed favicon on root folder and emptied the cache under maintanance menu , bottom

And new favicon loaded in few seconds.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Irisado

It's good to know that the information was useful for you, but this topic is four years old and marked as solved.  Please avoid reviving such old topics in future.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: