News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

They do not do the letter C, C, S, Z, DJ ...

Started by Doug McCartney, November 30, 2013, 05:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug McCartney

instead of the above letter we show only question marks:?

Does anyone have a solution? and let it be well understood, because I'm not an expert on a forum :-\

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Look in your Languages admin settings and tell me what is your default language selected?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

(more relevantly would be whether it's UTF-8 or not and whether the database is UTF-8 or not)

margarett

C, Z, etc, shouldn't cause issues with UTF/non-UTF...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Branko.

He wrote wrong...  ;)
This is a common problem with serbian latinic and croatian letters Č,Ć,Š,Ž,Đ , database should be in utf8 (utf8_general_ci)

Arantor, great observation  ;)
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Doug McCartney

Chas Large

Quote from: Doug McCartney on December 01, 2013, 01:51:45 PM
What interests me, where do I set UTF-8?
Admin > Configuration > Maintenance > Database.

READ THE WARNING !

You'll then need to install the relevant UTF-8 language pack.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Doug McCartney

Doug McCartney

Quote from: Branko. on December 01, 2013, 11:13:44 AM
He wrote wrong...  ;)
This is a common problem with serbian latinic and croatian letters Č,Ć,Š,Ž,Đ , database should be in utf8 (utf8_general_ci)

Arantor, great observation  ;)

Now, when I put this all posts that are copied from somewhere disappeared .. is the name of the poster and all, but the field is empty ... Can I go back to these posts at all, even if the cost to me again, do not do T c S and @?

Chas Large

As an Admin, you can edit any / all posts and change usernames and display names if required.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Doug McCartney

Doug McCartney

utf8_general_ci on each other than on an old table from Ajax chat (no longer used)

Doug McCartney

Menu is working on 2.0.6 (Here in this topic solved) after upgrade all 3 beautiful!

Advertisement: