News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I need help with color codes , i cant find a list anywhere just downloads.

Started by madi05, December 11, 2013, 09:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madi05

Hi, all i need is the different color codes like for member groups like so far i have this

green is #339900
red     is #FF0000
blue is #0000FF
purple is #9955FF

so want is magenta and pink and orange and just many varieties , please help i am a noob but i am learning and my forum is doing great and i love this community very useful and smart thanks
madi05

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: madi05 on December 11, 2013, 09:27:06 PM
Hi, all i need is the different color codes like for member groups like so far i have this

green is #339900
red     is #FF0000
blue is #0000FF
purple is #9955FF

so want is magenta and pink and orange and just many varieties , please help i am a noob but i am learning and my forum is doing great and i love this community very useful and smart thanks
madi05

The text version of the color works (most of the time, depends on the color) in the field where you set colors for membergroups as well as the much more reliable hex numbers, but you can google a whole ton of lists of the color codes...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

xrunner

Quote from: Arantor Beeblebrox the First on December 11, 2013, 09:38:37 PM
There's only 16,777,215 colour codes to choose from ;)

Yea, and each color can have a name. If you don't believe me just go into Home Depot or Lowes - every single color they have on all those sample cards has it's own name. If they had to, they could name 16,777,215 colors.  :)

Arantor

Except most of them are 'beige' instead of a jillion variations of 'just mildly off white'.

madi05

and thanks for all the smartie pants , i knew i was gonna get some , thanks for making me laugh home depot hahaha ;D

Arantor

Chalky

crash56

Color Cop is a nice little utility as well, since it will work 'backwards' and tell you the code for any item on a forum, website, or image.  The color picker can move all over your screen, across multiple windows, and it will translate colors into hex, or RGB or half a dozen other formats. 

Advertisement: