News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

any access in the admin panel

Started by vj_dobermann, December 17, 2013, 09:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vj_dobermann

Hello everybody, i'm new on smf.

I've installed smf on a distant server (ovh.com), after the installation i'm logged as an administrator.
But it's impossible to go somewhere inside the admin panel, everywhere i go such as "main, forum, members, ...)
i've the 403 error forbidden access message.
All my folders/files are in 777

where is the problem ???

thanks in advance

margarett

Don't use 777. Use 755 for folders and 644 for files. Some hosts don't like 777 and that might cause your problems
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vj_dobermann

I change the chmod to 755 for fol sers and 655 for files.
But any changes... Always the forbidden access message...

margarett

Ask your host what is causing that error. Forbidden is a server-side error so they should be able to tell you what's the problem ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kat

I'd suggest that you ask them to give you full CHOWN ownership of the files on your site, VJ. :)

vj_dobermann

QuoteDon't use 777. Use 755 for folders and 644 for files. Some hosts don't like 777 and that might cause your problems

i've turned them to 777 and 644 for files but it still doesn't work

Kindred

check with your host to see if they are running Mod_security.
If so, ask them to disable it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vj_dobermann

ok i'll ask them
what exactly means Mod_security ?

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

vj_dobermann

Hello everybody,
I ask to a friend, he as erased all the files and re-install all the smf and add a new database
fortunatly it works  ;D

great thanks for your help

kat

That's weird.

It makes me wonder just what was tripping things up. I don't s'pose we'll ever know, now.

Still, glad everything's up'n'running, now! :)

Advertisement: