News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Error message

Started by RC Storick, December 17, 2013, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC Storick

I am trying to delete a board and I get this message.

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
File: /home/stunthan/public_html/smf/Sources/ManageAttachments.php
Line: 571

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.19, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Any clue as to how to fix it? Where I can download the  upgrade

kat

Ignore that second message. It's lying. :)

As for the actual error, can you tell us which mods you have installed?

Also, if you can attach ManageAttachments.php to your next post, we can have a gander at it.

RC Storick

Oldiesmann

The error basically means you have a ton of attachments, to the point where SMF is hitting MySQL's "MAX_JOIN_SIZE" limit when trying to load up all the attachment info so it can be deleted from the database.

The easiest way around it is to delete topics one page at a time in the board itself (go to the "look and layout" section of your profile and set "Use quick moderation on message index as" to "checkboxes" - the you can select an entire page of topics to delete at once). While this will take longer, it will allow you to delete the board without hitting MySQL limits.

If you're on a VPS or dedicated server, you can also run that "SET BIG_SELECTS = 1" command from a MySQL shell prompt, but allowing that query to run could have negative effects on the server, so be careful with this.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: