Database error in latest SMF 2.0.6 upgrade

Started by melwynjensen, December 18, 2013, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melwynjensen

Table './infomrzb_infomaniac/infomaniac_log_errors' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
File: /home/infomrzb/public_html/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 1298

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.6, while your database is at version 2.0.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Whenever I try to click on the ips of users or create some new users I get the above mentioned error. I recently did the upgrade to 2.0.6 and ever since I started getting this problem.

Can someone please help me to resolve this issue? Forum link - www.infomaniac.co.in

Arantor

Firstly, I've moved this to the proper board - this is not a problem with either PostgreSQL or SQLite.

The initial problem is that you have a crashed database table, that will need to be fixed by way of phpMyAdmin. You will need access to that first.

Once we have that fixed, we can see what (more minor) error you have, but I would be surprised if it is related to the 2.0.6 upgrade.

melwynjensen

I have access to phpmyadmin but what should be done to recover from this crash?

I am not surprised to say it's 2.0.6 upgrade error because it happened only after doing that.

Arantor

QuoteI am not surprised to say it's 2.0.6 upgrade error because it happened only after doing that.

Speaking as the person who wrote 2.0.6... I respectfully disagree. The table crashing is TOTALLY unrelated to any code in SMF. It's not actually possible for any code in SMF to cause a table to crash.

The upgrade made have caused something else to go wrong (as unlikely as that is), and it's trying to log that error - but the error log is damaged.

QuoteI have access to phpmyadmin but what should be done to recover from this crash?

Go into phpMyAdmin and issue the SQL command REPAIR TABLE  infomaniac_log_errors;

Kindred

As Arantor says - a crashed table is usually an issue with your host (and can really only be corrected from the host/phpmyadmin)

If it happens once, like this, then fix it and move on... however, if crashed tables keep happening, then there is a serious issue with your host (not with the software)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

melwynjensen

Probably late but seems to be am ignorant..

@Arantor - REPAIR TABLE  infomaniac_log_errors; command fixed the issue. Thanks a lot!

@Kindred - Will make sure I'll keep an eye on the host. Thanks :)

Advertisement: