News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Guest moderating the topic

Started by ummizu, December 24, 2013, 08:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummizu

Hi
today who's online showed a guest "moderating the topic"
I looked up the IP 49.212.189.70 and saw an entry in project honey pot so I banned it.

What does it mean that a guest is moderating?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Check your permissions settings closely to be sure you haven't given guests that permission...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

remember, just because you see it in the "who's online" does not mean that they user is actually DOING that action.... it just means that they attempted to access the specific action url associated with the reported action.

Since I know the action url format, I could go to your site, using a moderation action (e.g. index.php?action=moderate) and the system will report me as accessing the moderation section...  it doesn't mean that I as actually able to COMPLETE the action... just that the url was called.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Kindred on December 24, 2013, 10:30:07 PM
remember, just because you see it in the "who's online" does not mean that they user is actually DOING that action.... it just means that they attempted to access the specific action url associated with the reported action.

Since I know the action url format, I could go to your site, using a moderation action (e.g. index.php?action=moderate) and the system will report me as accessing the moderation section...  it doesn't mean that I as actually able to COMPLETE the action... just that the url was called.

Yes, and you should see related errors in the SMF Error log
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

Unlikely. Most such cases do not log errors.

Advertisement: