Dont returns to topic's last post after sending a reply or a quick reply

Started by Marios, December 30, 2013, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marios

I have a problem,
till 2.06 when i was posting i was returning to topic but the last post,
since i updated to 2.06 i return to the topic but the first post.
Any idea how can i change that?
Thank you

Kindred

Please do not post new questions in ancient topics which have nothing to do with your question AND have already been marked as solved.

Start your own thread with your question...
(split)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Marios

Quote from: Marios on December 30, 2013, 01:03:29 PM
I have a problem,
till 2.06 when i was posting i was returning to topic but the last post,
since i updated to 2.06 i return to the topic but the first post.
Any idea how can i change that?
Thank you

Anyone?

azasmith

When you make a new post, do you have #new in your address bar when you're returned to the first post?

kat

The topic title says "When sending a quick reply". It should do that, anyway.

If you mean "When making a reply", have a look in your profile>Look and Layout.

Marios

Quote from: K@ on January 02, 2014, 07:58:42 AM
The topic title says "When sending a quick reply". It should do that, anyway.

Both,
no matter if it is quick or just a reply.

Quote from: azasmith on January 01, 2014, 07:41:12 PM
When you make a new post, do you have #new in your address bar when you're returned to the first post?

Yes

Thank you both for your time.

Marios

Quote from: K@ on January 02, 2014, 07:58:42 AM

Yes this is what i mean,
in my profile nothing was changed.

Branko.

Return to newly post in topic (at the top of topic) after posting or first post at the top? Only for you or for all users?
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Marios

Yep,
return to the newly post in the topic,
but at the bottom of the topic.
If i do it for me i can do it and for all others.
The real problem is that the settings change on their own after the last update.
This is what i dont get.

kat

You can do that by going to Admin>Themes and Layout>Member Options and setting the option, in each theme's poorly-worded "Reset all members' current options for this theme section".

For some reason that I'll never understand, that option's not global, though. You have to set that for each theme, individually.

Marios

kat

I have no idea why it should take you to the first post. Does it do that, even if there're more than one page of posts? Or, does it just take you to the first post on the right page?

I have to suspect your browser, if it's the first post on the same page. Try emptying the cache/cookies. Maybe, even, try emptying the forum cache, although I doubt it'll be that.

Marios

Many pages ,all browsers, 1 post of the topic, not the newest (last post of the topic)
Cache - cookies,cloud cache, forum cache cleaned and recleaned :(

kat

Has this always happened? Or, has it started happening after installing a mod, making edits, or anything?

What if you use the SMF default theme? Does it do it, then?

Any errors, in the ol' error log?

Marios

All started after i updated to 2.0.6,
nothing else was changed.
Not edits no new mods, i will look for error logs.

kat

kat

By uploading?

Not sure what you mean, as all updates/upgrades involve uploading...

It should've been done via Package manager, as you'd install a mod. Or, clicking the notification in Package manager.

Marios

via Package manager i mean when i say by uploading sorry,
i am not used to post here so i dont use the correct terms.

Marios

kat

Restore your most recent backup?

If they're still installed, you can reget the mods and upload them to your packages directory. :) Deleting them doesn't uninstall them.

It COULD be that the SEO mod was causing your problem.

Illori

Quote from: K@ on January 04, 2014, 04:04:29 PM
Restore your most recent backup?

If they're still installed, you can reget the mods and upload them to your packages directory. :) Deleting them doesn't uninstall them.

It COULD be that the SEO mod was causing your problem.

the package list is stored in the database, so the files/packages should still be in place but listed to be installed.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manually_setting_a_package_installed_or_uninstalled

Marios

kat

Let me get this right....

Even when you make a rely, using the "Quick reply", you get taken to thee first post in the topic.

Whatever browser you use?

Can you set up a test account, so that we can see this with our own eyes, as it were?

Marios

kat

******, man... With all the other stuff that's going-on, around your forum, this is gonna be REALLY difficult to figure-out!

Give me a while, possibly quite a LONG while to look at a few things, will you?

If you don't hear anything, for a few days, give this a bump, to remind me, OK?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Marios

margarett

So, a quick look. This could have something to do with the security measures added in 2.0.6. Specifically because you are running your forum inside an iframe...

So, when I post, I'm redirected to the following address:
/index.php/topic,1111111.new.html#new

In my test board:
/index.php/topic,2.new.html#new
(so they are OK, just yours have a much higher messade ID, of course...
Looking at the page code, in my test board:

In your forum:

See the missing <a id="new">? That's the anchor for the jump to last post to happen. I cannot tell you why it is missing. But, since you said this started to happen after upgrade to 2.0.6, maybe just do a quick test and comment out this piece of code from index.php:
header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');
header('X-XSS-Protection: 1');
header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

Warning: you are ignoring some security measures introduced by 2.0.6 but this is just a test. So just comment out this code and try again.
If it doesn't solve,let us know.
If it does, restore one line at a time until you find the culprit.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

iframes are bad.
iframes will almost certainly screw up your forum experience and urls related to your forum
do not use iframes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Marios

@margarett
I tried it with no results.

I comment the line 164 - 166
header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');
header('X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block');
header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

of index.php and the problem continues.

Kindred

Repeat after me......

Quote from: Kindred on January 17, 2014, 09:21:19 PM
iframes are bad.
iframes will almost certainly screw up your forum experience and urls related to your forum
do not use iframes
Слaва
Украинi

Marios

Kindred i asked for help not for lesson,no need to post twice i am not blind,
anyway thank you for the lesson even if i didnt ask for it.

Now if there is someone that maybe can help me, like Margaret i am here.

Kindred

You asked for help doing something that is not recommended and barely supported, if at all...

Running any php script that uses sessions and generates urls is going to cause problems. What you seem to have encountered at the moment is just the tip of the potential iceberg.
Слaва
Украинi

Marios

After 7-8 years this is my first problem,
Maybe is not recommended but this is my site and i just asked for help,
if the you dont agree with how s made my site ok this is your opinion and maybe is not asked but is respected.
Please let those that they are trying to help me to do so.

Advertisement: