News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Buddy list error

Started by Rippy, December 31, 2013, 04:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rippy

Hello SMF comunity!

Some days ago i installed a buddy list mod for a 2.0.6 forum.It didnt work so i uninstalled it but when i click the buddy list now it says :
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/blegend/public_html/forum/Sources/Buddy.php' (include_path='Buddy.php') in /home/blegend/public_html/forum/Sources/Profile-Modify.php on line 1532

The code its like this :

global $sourcedir;
   require_once($sourcedir . 'Buddy.php');
   BuddiesMain();
}

Thank you in advance

kat

No backup to restore, I suppose? **Slap!** ;)

Normally, you'd be expected to post in the mod's support topic, for this kinda stuff. But, in this instance, if you attach Profile-Modify.php to your next post, I'm sure we can sort this out, easily enough. :)

You probably just need to remove:
  require_once($sourcedir . 'Buddy.php');
   BuddiesMain();

I can't, actually, check, coz the stupid parser keeps telling me it's incompatible with SMF v2.0 RC2, even though the write-up says it is.

Kindred

well, if you have that one error, there is a good chance that you also have other errors... because it looks to me as if the mod code changes were not properly undone.

When you say that you "uninstalled" the mod - HOW did you go about uninstalling?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rippy

It seems i f***ed up it now , i tryed to restore it to a previous backup and there was only one from 15.12 ,bad choice.I have a backup from 29.12 wich is preferable but its tar.gz(267mb) and idk where to upload it to restore the forum.
Thank you for your fast replays and sory for me being noob :/
Can somebody tell me where to upload a database.tar.gz file to restore forum?

Kindred

the database backup will not help you.

The forum is made from two parts...   the files which handle the display (telling the sytem what to display and how to display it) and the database, which stores all of the actual content.

You can restore a forum using just the database and a clean set of files... but then you have to re-do any mods or themes.

Your problem is with **FILES**. so, restoring the database backup will not solve anything.

also, you never answered my question.

Quote from: Kindred on December 31, 2013, 07:54:08 AM
When you say that you "uninstalled" the mod - HOW did you go about uninstalling?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rippy

Sory for that , i uninstalled the mod by going to Admin-Main-Package Manager-Browse Packages- Uninstall

Is there any chance i can fix this problem with forum ?

kat

Did you try the edit I suggested?

When you uninstalled it, were there any warnings?

I'm wondering if this would sort you out:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0

Kindred

and were there any errors or warnings hen you did the uninstall?
Слaва
Украинi

kat

Dass wot I sed. :P

Quote from: K@ on December 31, 2013, 05:09:18 PMWhen you uninstalled it, were there any warnings?

Rippy

Well now that i came  home i wish you all a happy new year ! Hope in 2014 you guys dont run into too many noobs like me ! =))

About the forum : On 15.12.2013 a friend of mine told me to backup( a smart move) and i have restored the forum (full restore) to that date.Now all work well it seems ,but im asking if there is any way of restoring to previous state if i have :
-1 sql backup from 23.12
-a tar.gz full backup from 29.12.2013

Btw K@ the thread that you made if very usefull but unfortunately i didnt see it before :/ , i  didnt think that adding mods could make major problems in forums , and it seems i thought that the uninstall button saves the day

And to answer the question : Yes unfortunately i installed even if there were 2 warnings at display.template.php

kat

The full backup... Now, then. A full backup of what?

Can you dearchive the backup?

Or, at least, look in it?

If the contents are a single file, with the extension .sql, it's the database.

If it's loads of files, it'll be the forum, itself. But, if you have everything working, OK, there'll be no point in restoring the forum.

If you click my sig, you'll get the page that I wrote, explaining how to backup and restore both the forum software and the database. :)

Rippy

It seems i have the 23.12.2013 sql database and 2 forums(forum files) from  the 22.12.2013 and 29.12.2013.My friend uploaded the 23.12.2013 sql database and forum went to that date but now wich files from wich date should i upload 22.12 or 29.12 ?

Btw nice forum signature !

kat

It comes in handy. ;)

I'm not following you, though. If your forum's working, now, why restore a backup?

If there's a more recent database that the one you just restored (23.12.2013 sql), you could use that, to get the posts from the 15th onwards back, I s'pose.

Rippy

So the forum files are not usable in this sitation?
Every forum files backup is around 267 mb

kat

I think I'm getting confused...

Your forum's working, now, yes?

If it is, why do you want to restore a backup?

Rippy

Im just asking cos in the days between 23.12 to 31.12 there were important chages.If it helps in anyway by uploading the forum files i would like to know :)

kat

I s'pose it depends on what the important changes were. If the changes were done to the software, sure, restore the 29.12.2013 one. You always have the backup that you just restored, if anything croaks, ay? :)

Rippy

Now ill backup the forum every 10 minutes ofc ,this problem that i caused realy made my day.
Thank you K@ and Kindred for the awsome support ,realy nice comunity by what i have seen so far :)
At least i learned someting today xD
Happy New Year!

kat

You, too, matey! :)

Unless you install something, backing-up the actual forum isn't crucial, once you have a backup. But, the database has all of your posts/members/&c. in. So, it's worth backing that *ucker up, as often as you like. :)

Kindred

And please note - in the future - do not ignore warnings that tell you "if you install this, despite these warnings, things may not work right"

If you see errors on an install (or uninstall) it means that you will have to **MANUALLY** apply those changes to the files in question.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: