News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

how do i disable simple portal side panel on certain theme

Started by mulwa, December 31, 2013, 09:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulwa

please i need your help on how i can disable simple portal right and left panels on certain theme eg like mobile theme without causing effect to the other themes. Thank you for your time!

Kindred

first - I don't know that is even possible without recoding hard-coded conditionals...
second - support for specific mods (or themes) should be requested in the support topic for that specific mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mulwa

mulwa

i used  "curve mobile theme" and when i installed simple portal it was not appearing on the theme. So i copied the index.template.php from "default theme" and replaced the one in "curve mobile theme" and it started showing all the blocks. But pls how do i disable the right and left panel from showing? I guess the scrip to be edited is in index.template.php but i don't know how, Please i need someone's help! Thank you for your time.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on December 31, 2013, 09:15:50 AM
first - I don't know that is even possible without recoding hard-coded conditionals...
second - support for specific mods (or themes) should be requested in the support topic for that specific mod...

just because they don't respond quickly does not mean that you should ignore the rules...
Or perhaps you should post on the simpleportal support site outside of this site?

Also, by replacing the index, you probably broke several features in the mobile theme...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mulwa

am very sorry for my action,
but the curve mobile theme is still detecting mobile device

Storman™

QuoteBut pls how do i disable the right and left panel from showing? I guess the scrip to be edited is in index.template.php but i don't know how

You don't need to edit or replace anything, if you've installed it correctly then Simpleportal has plenty of options where you can enable various blocks etc. This should be in the SMF admin area. If it's not there then it's not installed correctly.

As Kindred mentioned please ask for further support on the SP dedicated forum.

mulwa

Thank you for your time and patience to reply, though i have posted in wrong section.  storman, i know of what you were saying, i want to disable the portal side blocks on only one theme without it affecting other themes. Thank you and be blessed!

Advertisement: