News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

List bullets and numbers gone

Started by borish, January 03, 2014, 08:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borish

I've installed SMF 2.0.6 a few days ago. If I create a list with BBC, the BBC is shown in the editor. Also, bullets and numbers are shown if I toggle the view to WYSIWYG. However, bullets and numbers aren't shown in the posting.

I've disabled smileys and most BBC, but not lists. I've verified that all paths are ok with repair_settings.php. Other formatting options, such as bold, urls, images work.

Kindred

please provide a URL showing the failed bulleted list and/or numbered list??
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

borish

The forum isn't public. This is what I have written

[list]
[li]Item 1[/li]
[li]Item 2[/li]
[/list]

and it is shown as

Kindred

unfortunately, without actually SEEING the page (and, specifically, looking at the page HTML display CODE) it would be rather difficult to debug your issue from just an image and a description
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

borish

alright, this is the offending line:

<div class="post">
<div class="inner" id="msg_13"><ul class="bbc_list">Item 1<br />Item 2<br /></ul></div>
</div>

The page source is below. I you need more, I'll make the forum public.

Kindred

unfortunately, that is not sufficient -- I would need to look at the page in situ (html and CSS combine for the display)

Слaва
Украинi

borish

ok: http://afd-dd.de/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

Also, I use the following mods:

• Simple Portal 2.3.5
  • Additional Polls 1.2.2*
  • Good Post/Bad Post 2.0.4a
  • Password 1.0
* in 2.0 RC4 emulation mode

Kindred

ok.... so your page confirms what you code snip suggested.

You list BBC is not being translated as a LIST...   it has the UL but not the LI

see this?

• item blah
  • item bleh

[list]
[li]item blah[/li]
[li]item bleh[/li]
[/list]

it parses as UL **AND** LI tags

your seems to be pasring ans BR tags instead of LI...
when I manually change your code on your page to use li, the bullets appear (which means that the CSS is correct)

What mods do you have installed?

Something is screwing up your BBC parsing.
Слaва
Украинi

borish

I use

• Registration Password    1.1
  • Additional Polls 1.2.2
  • Good Post/Bad Post Mod 2.0.4
  • SimplePortal 2.3.5
Some of which require 2.0 RC4 emulation mode.

Kindred

well... something appears to have screwed up the BBC parsers on your site

If you EDIT that post, is the full BBC still present (the full list and all of the li tags?)

if so, then please attach your Subs.php file (from the Sources directory)
Слaва
Украинi

borish

Yes, the full list and all of the li tags are still there.

Subs.php was apparently modified by some mod.

Kindred

ah!

array(
'tag' => 'li',
'before' => '<li>',
'after' => '</li>',
'trim' => 'outside',
'require_parents' => array('list'),
'block_level' => true,
'disabled_before' => '',
'disabled_after' => '<br />',
),

It looks like you have DISABLED the LI BBC tag!

index.php?action=admin;area=postsettings;sa=bbc
Administration Center > Forum > Posts and Topics > Bulletin Board Code
Слaва
Украинi

borish

Thanks! Now the problem is gone!

I unselected everything and checked only what I want to use. But why can list and li be checked independently? Since li belongs to list, there shouldn't be a checkbox for li, only for list.

Kindred

because it just pulls each and every BBC from the array
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: