News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

White page

Started by Zoey, January 07, 2014, 05:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoey

Hey guys, whenever i try to upload a new package/mod, it waits for some time and then white page appears: hxxp:tiny.cc/errorimg [nonactive] Then when i open Package managment, same white page appears until i delete the mod from FTP data. Same happens if i manually upload the package using FTP data.

I also checked hxxp:tiny.cc/errorphp [nonactive] but this also didnt helped. Same is happening with my friend... We really want a serious help regarding this issue.

I checked /<ftp address>/smf/Packages/index.php and it contains following:
<?php

// This file is here solely to protect your Packages directory.

// Look for Settings.php....
if (file_exists(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/Settings.php'))
{
   // Found it!
   require(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/Settings.php');
   header('Location: ' . $boardurl);
}
// Can't find it... just forget it.
else
   exit;

?>
Is there any problem with this? where can i find settings file which this is looking for?

Sorry for giving external link thats just an image and a PHP page.

Zoey

Quote from: MK-12_20MM on January 07, 2014, 06:13:22 AM
Take look at this

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/What_the_white_screen_of_death_means_when_accessing_admin_or_package_installs

and this topic here

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=502354.0
I already saw both topics..So this means i must change host?

Edit#1: I only used 21 MBs space on my data, it says 1479 MB space left..Means i can upload more and Also, i can upload as many themes i want, means there is nothing wrong on data storage limit.

margarett

No, that's hard drive space. This issue deals with memory...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Zoey

Quote from: margarett on January 07, 2014, 07:29:23 AM
No, that's hard drive space. This issue deals with memory...
Oh then what to do? Should i follow Wiki link?

Also, Php help desk said its probably a '}; left somewhere but everything is ok...

margarett

You can try the hints on the second post of the sticky topic here. It that doesn't help, then only your host (or a new one :P ) can..

Quote from: Zoey on January 07, 2014, 09:18:53 AM
Also, Php help desk said its probably a '}; left somewhere but everything is ok...
No idea what that means... (I mean, I do, but I don't want to say it :P and serves this topic no purpose...)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Zoey

Quote from: margarett on January 07, 2014, 09:23:47 AM
You can try the hints on the second post of the sticky topic here. It that doesn't help, then only your host (or a new one :P ) can..

Quote from: Zoey on January 07, 2014, 09:18:53 AM
No idea what that means... (I mean, I do, but I don't want to say it :P and serves this topic no purpose...)
This thing helped me alot: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/What_the_white_screen_of_death_means_when_accessing_admin_or_package_installs

Its fixed i think this wiki link should be given in FAQ as many of users are facing this is 000webhost services.

Thanks for helping everybody.

Arantor

QuoteIts fixed i think this wiki link should be given in FAQ as many of users are facing this is 000webhost services.

Well, that's funny, it's IN the FAQ category, and it's the same advice as given in the topic which is a sticky topic in this board - you know, the ones we make sticky in the hopes users will read them before asking questions...

kat

* K@ does a little musing...

I wonder how many admins complain about their members never reading stickies, only to come here and... er... not read the stickies...?

Not a pop at you, Zoey. But, this question has been asked so many times, now...

Zoey

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 07, 2014, 11:55:33 AM
QuoteIts fixed i think this wiki link should be given in FAQ as many of users are facing this is 000webhost services.

Well, that's funny, it's IN the FAQ category, and it's the same advice as given in the topic which is a sticky topic in this board - you know, the ones we make sticky in the hopes users will read them before asking questions...
Quote from: K@ on January 07, 2014, 12:22:42 PM
* K@ does a little musing...

I wonder how many admins complain about their members never reading stickies, only to come here and... er... not read the stickies...?

Not a pop at you, Zoey. But, this question has been asked so many times, now...
Im sorry but everyone is lazy to read a whole article..

Requesting /lock of this topic.

Arantor

Here's the thing... why should we put in the work just so you can be lazy? That's really offensive to those of us who spend our free time making something nice. Perhaps I should be lazy and not work on the next version of SMF with all the new goodies in it.

Zoey

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 08, 2014, 09:40:34 AM
Perhaps I should be lazy and not work on the next version of SMF with all the new goodies in it.
Dont try to be #Lazy :D

/lock please its solved.

Arantor

So it's OK for you to be lazy but not me? Sheesh. (Also: moderator, the lock wouldn't apply to me anyway.)

Zoey

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 08, 2014, 09:54:38 AM
So it's OK for you to be lazy but not me? Sheesh. (Also: moderator, the lock wouldn't apply to me anyway.)
Lol no i meant that i accept i was wrong to be lazy lol.

Advertisement: