January 2014 Update

Started by Arantor, January 09, 2014, 09:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

The reality is that 2.0 is only receiving minor maintenance from us - and there are mods for it for 2.0 anyway.

AllanD

Completely understandable.  /like :P
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

PhuriousGeorge

Quote from: AllanD on January 13, 2014, 01:23:15 PM
it would make sense having it in 2.0 right now.

There's a mod for that ;)

Kindred

wait... 2.0 does have a wysiwyg editor.  It's not as nice as the new one in 2.1, but it is present.

(and there is a mod to replace it with the same one as 2.1)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JBlaze

Every time there is an update post like this, I get more and more stoked for 2.1 and 3.0!

Obligatory "when will it be released"? 8)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Arantor

Obligatory smack down because *you* should know better than to ask :P

AllanD

He only asked what all are thinking :P
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Arantor

Yes but he's an ex team member, he should know better :P

Everyone else can have the obligatory answer: when it's done.

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

TomW

So far, so good !  I like the clean-up, and the keep it simple approach.  I've been downloading the alpha a few times to play with, and it's looking very good.   Great work !

Arantor

Also, in case anyone's been wondering what's going on, I give you http://www.inktank-studios.com/comics/comic/debugging/

This is how I feel about our current bug situation. There is a limit to what can be fixed in 2.0 at this point in time, but I'm hoping to make 2.1 something special.

tfs

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 17, 2014, 07:33:25 PM
There is a limit to what can be fixed in 2.0 at this point in time, but I'm hoping to make 2.1 something special.

Looking forward to it a great deal.

Let me ask something from left field here... how does it look so far for SimpleDesk working with SMF 2.1?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Arantor

Well, emanuele did some work on it, and I'm fairly sure one bug that was fixed in SD 2.0 was broken by those other changes. I also know that there's some *major* changes needed as a result of the work I've done since in SMF 2.1 itself... namely the Core Features page has gone away completely so need to rework how SD gets activated.

tfs

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm still using SD daily, with about 2300 tickets and 19000 replies.  Still working great, with a few tweaks that you've helped me add over the years.  I run in help-desk-only mode, and so all I'm really concerned about is security.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Arantor

In which case, 2.0.7 once it gets reissued is about all you should really be needing. 2.1 doesn't bring *that* much new security wise and SD does need some serious work to be properly compatible especially going forward but we'll see about that nearer the time.

maxg

Well, I'm happy with the the 2.1 alpha so far and keeps me busy, fun to work with and I already see some great stuff in there, so I'm a happy camper and say it's best to concentrate on getting it right before jumping and let the Dev's do their thing, If they ask me a question, I shall try to answer, if not, I will ask them are we there yet! Again Thanks for joining up Pete and good stuff so far! that's what counts to me!
If I find some thing possibly wrong I will post it, sometime here others times at the mods site, like portals and stuff! Let's see mow what was I doing! ohm, that's right!

I check at to source for change about monthly and try them out, just for my theme ideas!

regards,
Maxx

4Kstore

"chrissy" color is very masculine!

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Arantor

That's a bit random... yes it's an easter egg, congrats for finding it.

4Kstore

I'm testing the future, You are doing an excellent job. Kudos to you!

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Arantor

Eh, the chrissy easter egg has been in SMF as long as I can remember.

Advertisement: