News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions fail

Started by yfleury, January 18, 2014, 11:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfleury

Hi! I am french, But I have some acknowledge in English.

I use SMF 2.0.6

Ok for a year now I have some problem with paid subscriptions using paypal. For all members who subscribe, paypal send me a notification by mail. IPN don't do the job, but in my Viewing users subscribed to: "test" page, I see all members with a Payments Pending and then, I activate them manualy. It was not fun, but I can handle it easily.

For some week now, I can see no subscription at all  in my Viewing users subscribed to: "test" page. I receive an e-mail notification from paypal and I have to make all the job manually to subscribe a member.

I want to testing with a new installation of SMF 2.0.6 in new folder, new database with only 2 members (admin and a member), SMF have not mod, just SMF. I use paypal sandbox for testing and I set IPN url in paypal sandbox. This SMF was set to plain english.

I have the same result describe above.

In database smf_log_subscribed I have
id_sublog   id_subscribe   id_member   old_id_group   start_time   end_time   status   payments_pending   pending_details   reminder_sent   vendor_ref   
3   2   2   0   1390058664   0   0   0   a:1:{i:0;a:4:{i:0;s:1:"2";i:1;s:4:"5.00";i:2;s:2:"xx";i:3;s:6:"prepay";}}   0   
Sorry for misalignment 

In database smf_subscriptions I have
id_subscribe   name   description   cost   length   id_group   add_groups   active   repeatable   allow_partial   reminder   email_complete   
2   test      a:1:{s:5:"fixed";s:4:"5.00";}   1M   2      1   0   0   0   
Sorry for misalignment

I have no error in Maintenance -> Logs.

Can you help me with that issue? I have 100 and more members to subscribe in the next few days and I have no time to do it manually.
SMF 2.0.6

Arantor

Unless you set the email address in the SMF settings to the one used for the sandbox it's going to fail. Sandbox mode is basically broken in 2.0. :(

yfleury

I have the same result with regular paypal account

SMF 2.0.6

Arantor

Arantor

Hmm, they're not as far as I know on the blacklist of hosts who won't receive IPNs... off hand I don't know (and I don't have the time to sit and investigate right now, sorry)

yfleury

OK thanks,

I will ask to funio if they stop IPN
SMF 2.0.6

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're seeing an error in your error log when a subsciption fails, SMF is receiving the IPN.  If there is no error, that usually means IPN is being blocked, either by host or a mod.  If you contact PayPal merchant support, they can confirm that IPN was sent, and can tell you if it's being blocked.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

yfleury

Thanks Krash for the reply

I haven't no respond yet from my host.

I try IPN simulator I fund here
https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/ipn_simulator

It look like the IPN pass  to the IPN listner I will make more test to be sure

But if IPN listner is working correctelly, I have an other problem... Why I have no trace of subscription in Viewing users subscribed to: "test" web page?
SMF 2.0.6

yfleury

When I use IPN simulator, I receive an e-mail from my SMF forum like that
admin,

The following error occurred when processing a paid subscription
---------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.

Regards,
The My Board Team.

It's understandable, because I use use simulator default values.

I will test with my values.

Edit
I have an error in log corresponding to IPN simulator
SMF 2.0.6

yfleury

I don't know how to fill the IPN simulation form
SMF 2.0.6

yfleury

News from my host: they never stop IPN from paypal.

I contact paypal support now
SMF 2.0.6

yfleury

In My paypal account I check IPN history and all IPN was sent.

I resent the last IPN and no change at my forum.

Now, If my host never stop IPN and paypal have sent all IPN correctly, Why I have to add a new subscription manually in my forum.

Any suggestion, because a need automatic solution.
SMF 2.0.6

Storman™

QuoteWhy I have no trace of subscription in Viewing users subscribed to: "test" web page?

Check the members profile and see if the subscription is there but already ended. When they fail they sometimes don't always appear in the subscribed list but they have already ended. I don't know why, just something I've seen several times.

yfleury

I haven't see nothing in members profile, and nothing in admin for subscribe. But paypal transaction is done well and I receive a paypal e-mail notification. I have to make a subscription for member manually
SMF 2.0.6

Storman™

Are these recurring subscriptions ?

yfleury

Subscription is unic, no auto-renew
Subscription for fixed price and period 10.00$ for one years
SMF 2.0.6

Sir Osis of Liver

If the PayPal transaction is successful, an IPN is posted to the form handler, subscriptions.php.  If the IPN reaches subscriptions.php, either the subscription will be activated, or an error will be posted to the log, and an email sent to admin advising of the error (unless the default notification has been disabled).  If the subscription is not activated, and no error occurs, then the IPN did not reach subscriptions.php, and was blocked either by host or a mod.  PayPal support can determine if IPNs are being blocked.

- R. Waters

yfleury

Just to be sure. When a member make a subscription, and go to paypal, make a payment, , SMF is suppose to be register the subscription and show it in
index.php?action=admin;area=paidsubscribe;sa=viewsub;sid=2
even ipn is working or not. But SMF show no subscription.... Is it ok or not?

I am waiting an answer from paypal support.
SMF 2.0.6

Sir Osis of Liver

You should see the subscription with 'Payment Pending', as you did originally.  Did you install a mod or make any other recent changes to your forum?

- R. Waters

yfleury

Ok I have no payment pending subscription.

I have no mod installed.

The only change I made, is to had 2 items in main menu in Subs.php like that
$buttons = array(
'accueil' => array(
'title' => 'Accueil',
'href' => '../' ,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
),
'simulateur' => array(
'title' => 'Simulateur',
'href' => '../simulateur/',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),
'home' => array(
'title' => 'Forum discussions',
'href' => $scripturl,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

It's for a custum page.

But in case I doing something wrong, I install a new forum in new folder from trash. A very new one, no update. And I have no payment pending.
SMF 2.0.6

Sir Osis of Liver

If you can admin access to the new install, I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

yfleury

I give you a acces, Take a look in your PM in few minutes
SMF 2.0.6

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, you're using a currency code (CAD) that Paid Subs doesn't recognize, so it does nothing.  An obvious place to throw an error, but it doesn't.  Currency codes are case sensitive, PayPal sends 'cad' in the IPN, so you have to change the currency setting to 'cad', then the subscription will activate.  It's confusing because the choices in the drop menu are uppercase, but the actual codes are lowercase.

Try it.

- R. Waters

Arantor

* Sir Cumber-Patcher just casually adds CAD and AUD to the lists in 2.1... hoping this part of the paid subs problem goes away in future.

(Throwing errors is technical because that implies SMF should know all possibly currencies PayPal supports and there's some... interesting... rules around that, e.g. the currencies that don't accept floats for payment amounts)

EDIT: I don't know if you've seen the changes to paid subs in 2.1 lately but we're really trying to nail down the paid subs bugs. Any insight you can share would be appreciated.

Sir Osis of Liver

2.0.6 recognizes cad.  Did a little hack for a guy in Subscriptions-PayPal.php to make it accept aud, but that was a while ago.

A large part of the problem with Paid Subs is the PayPal api is fussy, and the SMF user interface is not very clear.  Recurring payments has also been a problem, needs a lot of work.

I have an old 2.1 alpha.  If I can find it, will install the current build and see what you've done.

- R. Waters

Arantor

2.0.6 should only recognise CAD if you use other. 2.1 explicitly adds CAD and AUD to the list of currencies.

I've tried to fix some of the issues around unknown payment types, which should definitely help with that.

yfleury

Thank you very much Krask, my subscription on my forum is now back on track by changing CAD by cad for Currency Code.

You got a beer Krash. ;D
SMF 2.0.6

Sir Osis of Liver

Do you still have to activate subscriptions manually on your production forum?

Thanks for the beer!

- R. Waters

yfleury

I buy a prepaid creditcard and make a test yesterday

SMF make subscription automatically, so, I have nothing to do. 8)

All I have to do, is look the money come to me  ;D

Thanks for your help
SMF 2.0.6

Advertisement: