News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Stuck Creating a Database

Started by lilkid4000, January 19, 2014, 05:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilkid4000

Well I am stuck on a part of making my forum can anyone help me I will give u the FTP Username and password PM me please

margarett

Here we are more fan of help people doing stuff instead of do those things...

What is your problem, exactly? The better the description, the better the answers!
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lilkid4000

Well I created my forum and I did every thing followed all the steps but im not sure on how do I create a database user I used my cPanel but I don't know what to do from there

Bigguy

Use the database wizard in cpanel to make a database and a user. Then use those details in the SMF install.

lilkid4000

ok I will try and respond if it doesn't work

Kindred

also, please do note that your title is actually worse than useless....

How many posts do you think we see with the title "help" or some variation (like "stuck")?
Many of us skim the post titles looing for things that we can help with... and many skip titles which are non-descriptive.

So, a better title would have been "Stuck trying to set up database"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

Yes...thank you. Did that work for you. ??

lilkid4000

how do I create a user? Im stuck I have the database created

AllanD

If you are using Cpanel use the database wizard instead, it walks you through making the database and user.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

lilkid4000

it does not I created the database now I am at
Create table
what do I do here?

AllanD

I'm not sure where you are, if you used the wizard it would ask you to create a user and make sure you check all privileges.

ETA: here is a tut on how to create the database in the wizard using cpanel
http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/DatabaseWizard
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Storman™

You don't get a create table option in the wizard, sounds like you've created it in phpMyAdmin ? :o

Bigguy

lilkid4000

Advertisement: