News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.7 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, January 20, 2014, 09:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GravuTrad

Quote from: GravuTrad on January 23, 2014, 12:59:21 PM
Quote from: GravuTrad on January 22, 2014, 07:27:47 PM
I suppose that only ftp file reupload is sufficient for those who have used the packs and not the package manager?

Could i have an official confirmation on this part please? There are requests about this question, thanks.

NB: for those who aren't happy with a free forum about the problem which can have on certains releases...(bugs are always possible, only those who are doing nothing don't do mistakes), get out of here!
And go to see a (bugged too) paid one....(ipb, vbulletin etc...)
Nothing is perfect!
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Arantor

Well, considering that the large upgrade package is all about just doing the FTP thing... um, sure. If the upgrade package was still bugged with the original issue, we wouldn't have re-enabled it.

The only changes in the revised package, as far as content is concerned (not version numbers), are QueryString.php and Subs-Editor.php, which had 2 lines and 1 line changed respectively.

Illori

please remember to ask support questions in the proper support board and NOT IN THIS THREAD

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 24, 2014, 11:18:48 AM
Except actually, I did. I'm the one principally responsible for the original screw-up. If I hadn't screwed that up, pretty much everything else would have been absolutely fine.
But that's fine, I'm not complaining that. I'm complaining about the lack of advertisement/information.
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Kenny01

Quote from: Realinfo on January 24, 2014, 08:19:41 AM
Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Test failed

2.0.6 Default Theme
Same problem with me, but i still go ahead with my update and it look fine.

Burke ♞ Knight

Please remember, this thread is in the NEWS & UPDATES board, not the SUPPORT board.

This is for news of the update, and comments not related to support.

Please use the SUPPORT board for SUPPORT issues.

Thank you.

GravuTrad

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 24, 2014, 11:20:44 AM
Well, considering that the large upgrade package is all about just doing the FTP thing... um, sure. If the upgrade package was still bugged with the original issue, we wouldn't have re-enabled it.

The only changes in the revised package, as far as content is concerned (not version numbers), are QueryString.php and Subs-Editor.php, which had 2 lines and 1 line changed respectively.

Thanks for the precisions arantor.
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

SoLoGHoST

Great news.  With my host I can choose which PHP version I want, and can change this with a click of a button, so not a problem for me, but this is also good news.

Realinfo

You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

2.0.6 Defualt Theme

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on January 24, 2014, 07:46:32 AM
1- this thread is not for support.
2- there is an FAQ article that explains what errors in mod installations mean and what to do.
3- if that still doesn't help you, open a post in the support area.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

panji12

Woow its cool, thanks for everyting  :)

medicMe

Quote from: Oldiesmann on January 21, 2014, 03:03:43 AM
Quote from: Rickard on January 21, 2014, 02:41:21 AM
I did get it to, and a warning message from NOD32 Antivirus.
Is this a virus, or have you really made a new version?

I have 3 forums, and i only get the new version of the patch in one of my forums, in the other 2 it just displays the latest version is 2.0.6 that is the latest version.

A bit worrying...

NOD32 alarm give heds up for the image "something_went_wrong.png" seems to have with developer links to do???

OK, now i see, its Oldiesmann:s Avatar image that make the Antivirus program to block the image.

I emailed Eset almost 3 weeks ago asking that they whitelist my domain, complete with a scan log from ClamAV (server-side antivirus program). I guess it's time to go bug them some more. I've uploaded my avatar directly for the time being.

It's not your avatar, it's your signature.

Also, perhaps you should ask ESET what they need in order to whitelist your domain... just providing your own account of CalmAV isn't much leverage.

Arantor

Previously it was the avatar image, actually. Oh, and ESET have been asked on multiple occasions, I believe...

mayorkroco

BigMike

Quote from: The QE2 Story Forum on January 23, 2014, 02:21:20 PM
thanks for the good work.

Looking forward to 2.1 too! 

Quote from: mayorkroco on January 26, 2014, 01:16:21 PM
love SMF!!!

X2 and X2!

I just upgraded 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 and it was flawless. Thank you SMF!!! Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!!!! :D :D Your hard work REALLY MEANS A LOT TO Thousands and Thousands of people world wide!

Dedicated user of Yabb > Yabb Gold > YabbSE > SMF with the same forum since 2003.

Regards,
BigMike

edit: fixed "Your"

kat

Quote from: BigMike on January 27, 2014, 08:13:17 PMYour hard work REALLY MEANS A LOT TO Thousands and Thousands of people world wide!

Thanks, Mike!

With some of the trials and tribulations that we go though, here, we often forget about that bit.

I, for one, am grateful that you pointed that out. :)

Ab-47

Thanks allot for the new release :)

MMeXX

Quote from: BigMike on January 27, 2014, 08:13:17 PMThank you SMF!!! Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!!!! :D :D You're hard work REALLY MEANS A LOT TO Thousands and Thousands of people world wide!
Yes, I second that. Keep up your work! Finally the forum I'm working one made the enormous leap to 2.0.7 from 1.1.19.

Mike L

Quote from: BigMike on January 27, 2014, 08:13:17 PMI just upgraded 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 and it was flawless.

Thank you SMF!!!
First time for me so I held off for a while. Flawless and so simple.

Quote from: BigMike on January 27, 2014, 08:13:17 PMKeep up the EXCELLENT WORK!!!! :D :D You're hard work REALLY MEANS A LOT TO Thousands and Thousands of people world wide!
Yes, and not just forum admins but everyday users who might not have a clue they're using SMF. Still means a lot to them.

Advertisement: