2.0.7 Upgrade package Problem

Started by lurkalot, January 21, 2014, 03:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

I've tried installing the upgrade package from here, http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/  in two of my forums, one is a new install of SMF 2.0.6, and both sites give the same test failed when I try to install the package.  Is there a bug in this package?

Find

$buffer = preg_replace('/"' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?(?:' . SID . '(?:;|&|&))((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"/e', "'\"' . \$scripturl . '/' . strtr('\$1', '&;=', '//,') . '.html?' . SID . '\$2\"'", $buffer);
else
$buffer = preg_replace('/"' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"/e', "'\"' . \$scripturl . '/' . strtr('\$1', '&;=', '//,') . '.html\$2\"'", $buffer);

Replace

$buffer = preg_replace_callback('~"' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?(?:' . SID . '(?:;|&|&))((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', create_function('$m', 'global $scripturl; return \'"\' . $scripturl . "/" . strtr("$m[1]", \'&;=\', \'//,\') . ".html?" . SID . (isset($m[2]) ? $m[2] : "") . \'"\';'), $buffer);
else
$buffer = preg_replace_callback('~"' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?((?:board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', create_function('global $scripturl; return \'"\' . $scripturl . \'/\' . strtr("$m[1]" . \'&;=\', \'//,\') . \'.html\' . (isset($m[2]) ? "$m[2]" : "");'), $buffer);

Storman™

That package works fine for me when going from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 on a clean install, are you sure you don't have any mods installed ?

Please attach your QueryString.php file so we can examine it.

Storman™

On second glance I think you have Tiny Portal installed which might be clashing as that mod might be amending the same area in that file, please confirm you are using TP.

(Also attach the QueryString.php file)

Lum-chan

Sorry to break-in into this thread. Got the same error as TS and I'm using TinyPortal. Maybe this helps a bit?
Lum-chan

kat

The upgrade's been suspended, due to some possible errors, it would seem.

Please hold on, with this, for a while.

Pause

To get the patch working, the following changes need to be made to the patch xml file.

If you have SimplePortal installed, you need to edit smf_2-0-7_patch.xml to change the instances under the Subs.php and QueryString.php sections of:
Code (Search) Select
(?:board|topic)

To:
Code (Replace) Select
(?:board|topic|page)

If you have TinyPortal installed, you need to edit smf_2-0-7_patch.xml to change ONLY the instances under the QueryString.php section of:
Code (Search) Select
(?:board|topic)

To
Code (Replace) Select
(?:board|topic|page|cat)
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Storman™

Well spotted  ;)

Just bare in mind that the patch may change though taking into account what K@ said above. Also the mod author may also make future changes.

Unless you are desparate I'd wait for now as you may have to redo again. Basically if you haven't installed it yet then wait.

Edit:  Pause - just noticed that you were talking about Simpleportal + Tiny Portal (I assumed it was just TP at first), anyway your finding has been noted by the devs.

Lum-chan

Thanks guys! I have the patch on-hold now and await further news on this. I read the statement just moments ago about the patch being supended.
Lum-chan

GZ06

upgrading fro 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 and I got same error and plus:

Query was empty
File: /***********/forumkavkaz.com/Packages/temp/fix_calendar.php
Line:Строка: 34

I use TP also on my web site.
Georgia and Ukraine -FOREVER!

Aruta2001

Running Simpleportal, but same error on two forum installations.

Seems portal related. :)

lurkalot

Quote from: Storman™ on January 21, 2014, 06:08:21 AM
That package works fine for me when going from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 on a clean install, are you sure you don't have any mods installed ?

Please attach your QueryString.php file so we can examine it.

A bit late on parade, but yes, you're correct.  If I uninstall Tinyportal the package doesn't give any file test failed in the package manager.  I haven't continued with the install yet though. ;)

Arantor

That's because TP changes code that also has to be changed by the upgrade, and there is no way that we can safely 'just' change the code around it.

We have discussed adding TP support specifically to the upgrade package but that would also mean us adding support for SP specifically, and potentially for all sorts of other mods so I'm reluctant to do so.

Vince S

Seems to be a known issue, but simply "pulling" the mod without putting up a banner / whatever (edit: ie in the live feed panel) is a bit confusing. In my case the notification email arrived 7 hours ago. The forum doesn't have the usual version alert it gets, (or a note in the live feed panel) the package manager says the version is current, browsing packages shows nothing new, the WTF reaction occurs. Then try the upload link in the email and the page loads but both info and download links go to an error screen (which bizarrely displays with the Error statement almost hidden - this in a current version FF browser).

Obviously something went wrong and I can only assume that is because it has happened in a really inconvenient time zone and simply stopping the problem distributing was enough damage control for the moment, it will get sorted in due course.... So I am just logging this for others to read as my experience will be repeated many times over and sitting on our hands is the go....!
Try figuring out where all this is going to keep coming from: Millionaire Baby? Or just pass me a beer and we'll sort it, thank you.....

Arantor

Because it was done in a hurry when it was realised how messed up things had become.

As for your forum not telling you, that information is updated only once a day through the 'Fetch Simple Machines Files' task and it is likely your server has not run that today.

The problem was discovered about 3 hours after I went to bed, and I went to bed 6am UTC, bearing in mind that several team members were still up at 6am local time working on things that had gone wrong with the server here... as for fixing it, well, I know I've been out today and unable to spend vast amounts of time on actually reviewing what went wrong, and the same goes for other team members; we do have real world commitments as no-one pays us to work on SMF :(

Yes, it will be sorted. Thank you for bearing with us as we work on this.

Vince S

Thank you very much for explaining that. I and thousands of others sure do appreciate what you and the many developers of this fine forum do. We "get" it and appreciate it.

I also now see there are more details here for anyone else curious about this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517205.0
Try figuring out where all this is going to keep coming from: Millionaire Baby? Or just pass me a beer and we'll sort it, thank you.....

Arantor

More specifically, there were two issues for definite; I've prepared an updated patch (awaiting more testing) that should fix them, as well as potential compatibility issues with both Simple Portal and Tiny Portal that are... a little tricky to fix - but there's also issues around whether we should provide patches in the core for compatibility with mods, because if we offer support for those, should we also not provide support for less well known mods that have similar (or the exact same) compatibility problems?

Shambles

Maybe those small portal-specific edits could be displaced from the main update package into their own portal-specific subversion, eg SMF-2.0.7-portal-SP, and maybe the portal authors could be responsible for supplying it?

I personally would not attempt to revise the 2.0.7 update package with any mod/addon-specific checks.

Arantor

Thing is, if you install SP/TP after applying the patch they seem to be just fine... :-\

PhuriousGeorge

So the best practice for this patch in particular would be to uninstall TP/SP, patch, then reinstall. Are there hidden issues to this approach? If not, is it possible to mention this in the 2.0.7 update broadcast that our servers pull daily?

Even then, I know even if everything is spelled out clearly, there will still be plenty of people that come on here and cry about patch not working with SP/TP installed.

Arantor

That's what *I*'d do but I recognise this isn't ideal for most people. Not that I use SP or TP in the first place ;)

We're still working on it. If we can come up with a better way, we'll do that instead - the ideal is an install that 'just works' but I'm really not sure that's particularly doable given what's changing.

Advertisement: