News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade Failure - 1.1.19 -> 2.0.7

Started by dorelse, January 27, 2014, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorelse

Of course my practice one's went just fine...not sure what's different, but as soon as I launch the upgrade.php, it get this error.  I've verified my permissions are correct, and that all files transferred up just fine.

Where to start?  TIA!

margarett

Those strings (that appear as undefined) are set in Themes/default/languages/Install.english.php

Check if that file exists and that you can access it (ownership issues, maybe?)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

dorelse

Quote from: margarett on January 27, 2014, 01:42:53 PM
Those strings (that appear as undefined) are set in Themes/default/languages/Install.english.php

Check if that file exists and that you can access it (ownership issues, maybe?)

Their permissions are '604'.  I'm changing them to 755 just to see if that works...

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

dorelse

ok, set to 644...same error. 

I'm going stand up another copy of the old forums and try to upgrade them and see if it works...if so, I'll just point it there...

dorelse

The Install.english.php has today's date on it....so not sure why it thinks its old...or out of date?

dorelse

Grr...

So yes, it looks to be permission issues:

Command:   SITE CHMOD 644 /cgoamn_forums/current_forum/Themes/default/languages/Install.english.php
Response:   550 /cgoamn_forums/current_forum/Themes/default/languages/Install.english.php: Permission denied

dorelse

This is a hold-over from 1&1's "easy" forum build process.

I'm standing up a new one that I'll have permission control over...should be fixed up in a few I think.

dorelse

In the end, I had to build a copy under a new file path, that had permissions I could change, then update my domain to point to it.  I then uploaded the upgrade files and upgraded it in about 10 mins...

We're all good now.

kat

dorelse

One more thing I noticed today.  Now that we're backup and running, I ran a file version check and its showing my language files out of date.

Funny thing is though, is that the timestamp on the files is from yesterday 1/27/14, so they've obviously been changed? 

Any thoughts?

Advertisement: