News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post to sections

Started by xena1997, January 24, 2014, 05:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xena1997

hi friend

I wanted to know is there a mod to limit to each section a number of posts?

example, section 1 user total post 10

example, section 2 user total post 15

example, section 1 user total post 6

ecc....

very thanks

Illori

if you have post count groups sure it is possible. just create a permissions profile for each board allowing or denying posting for each group. you would also need to *not* allow the regular members group to post to all those boards and only allow the correct post count group and those above it to post.

xena1997

no groups

I would like a mod that limits the post of thanks for every section of the forum

10 days for example thanks to the section 1

6 days for example thanks to the section 2

20 days for example thanks to the section 3

eccc

margarett

Now you are talking about a different thing... Please listen to what you are told and let's go from there...

I think that what you want, the way you want it, doesn't exist. But, as Illori told you, you can do that with post count groups.
You said "no grups". Why not? It's another way of doing it.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

Not really, no. It's not per board, it's a global setting.

As another team member usually says: start by clearly state what you want and NOT how you think it should be done. Then listen to what you are told, please. (or read, since this is a forum :P )

Both myself and Illory told you that what you want can be achieved by post count membergroups. And you still won't listen...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

xena1997

ok thanks friend

I can explain how to set up the default groups and create new ones how to set the limit

thanks

xena1997

can you help me as I need to do to set limits to the groups?

margarett

I need to clear one thing...

When you say:
Quote from: xena1997 on January 24, 2014, 05:06:55 AM
example, section 1 user total post 10
example, section 2 user total post 15
example, section 1 user total post 6
Do you mean:
1) Only users with more than 10/15/6 posts can post in such boards
OR
2) Such boards can only contain a certain max number of posts?
3) Such boards can only contain a certain max number of topics?

xena1997

I want each group every day can answer 10 posts

margarett

Hum. That's *NOT* what you first asked.

By time it's really another story. And there is nothing for that, AFAIK.

Please consider a Mod Request for it in the adequate board. But please, explain clearly what you want to have.

xena1997

set all forum groups up to 10 answers per day

Kindred

you can not do that.

There is no feature or mod that restricts people to a certain number of posts
(that would, after all, defeat the very purpose of a forum - which is to get people posting in conversations and to encourage MORE posts, not to limit them)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xena1997

I need to set the limits of the daily response to certain groups you help me?

Arantor

Why do you think you need to set daily limits?

xena1997

because I want the forum in this way can you help me?

Arantor

Only if you give me a reason that makes sense, and 'because I want it' doesn't make sense.

Building a community where you're telling people 'you can only post x things today' puts people off contributing.

xena1997

why do people come to spam

I want to limit to 10 answers per day

only for the group of new members

Illori

margarett

Ah, spam...

No, that's NOT the best way to handle the thing. It's best to put them out of their misery *before* they can enter your forum.
Have a look here:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do

There are *several* members here with 0-spam registrations in months if not years.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Advertisement: