News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Post to sections

Started by xena1997, January 24, 2014, 05:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

This is why I wanted to know. Limiting posts per day won't stop the spam. It just limits how much you'll get - at the cost of limiting what real members do.

Edit: Ninja'd twice! (I think this is a first)

xena1997

very very thanks bro

1 problem resolved

Now I would like to create a group and limit their responses to include 10 per day in a special section possible?

example staff section 10 answers per day

Arantor

xena1997

I do not understand why you want to know the reason

I need a section set in this way can you help me?

N.B the rest of the comunity and free and unlimited

Arantor

I won't help you when I think you're going to screw things up.

There is no reason to limit staff responses per day. Not in any section.

xena1997

so all the people are abandoning this platform stupid
too many limitations

then you must not affect the pattern of how I want to use the forum

Please, if you do not want to help me answer the most you're not my father that I need to do the moral

thanks

Arantor

I've seen forums that do this. It makes people not want to post. I'm just trying to stop you making the same mistake. But hey, what would I know? I only work on the core software itself.

xena1997

I asked you to please if you can help me to create only one section in this way ;)

many people come to take our materials and guides to post in their forums and this is the reason for the limit now you understand?

Illori

and that will not stop people from stealing content... there is almost nothing that can but not putting it on the internet to start with.

xena1997

thanks for your valuable advice and how you care of my forum ;)

Now after all your sermons and can know the way how to restrict a section?

Illori

it is not possible in the way you want by default. if you want it so badly go pay someone to code it for you.

Arantor

Limiting people from posting won't in any way stop them... you don't need to be able to post to be able to copy things! Anyone can copy/paste content, it's how all search engines work.

This is why I'm so adamant that I don't want to help you achieve what you think you need: limiting who can post how much per day won't actually solve your problem and will make new problems for you!

xena1997

a platform that can be so stupid in all these limits. never seen such a disgusting

Illori

if you want to continue to insult us and our software we can go ahead and lock your thread and mute you.

Arantor

Even the paid software doesn't have a limit on posts per day because they know how stupid it is.

xena1997

as you like you are the leaders. I know the truth hurts  ;)

what you are saying then you are not practical forum :D

There are platforms that you can do everything

Arantor

Not out of the box there aren't. Bear in mind, I have a licence for IPB, XenForo and vB and I can't find any options to limit the number of posts per day.

The only truth is that you are an offensive person who isn't interested in listening to the people who could help you.

Just because something can be done, does not mean it should. I could, for example, jump off a cliff, but that would be stupid.

Having a setup where people are discouraged from posting is not conducive to running a good forum. But this debate isn't going anywhere.

Advertisement: