News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Manage Boards - Create New Catagory

Started by poachyness, January 28, 2014, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poachyness

Hi all.

I just made my board and I am trying to "Create a new category" and it isn't.  I am being sent to my page and not the edit feature.  Could this function be missing during the install?

I really need to edit the categories.  Can anyone lend me some assistance with this?

So again, I click the "create new category" and It pulls up a page but, on my website and I am no longer in the admin panel of the forums or on the forums.

Here is the link...nm i can't put links.

dontkickmyrobot.com/forums/?action=admin;area=manageboards;sa=newcat;cb65240fd1a=6a3211d619b331661dd74aaca98dc933

Thanks all!

Poachyness

shadow82x

Welcome to SMF!
You don't happen to be using GoDaddy hosting do you? I suspect this might have something to do with mod_security. Try and find out from your host if mod_security is being used and if it is, ask them to disable it. :)

Or try a solution found here -  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Mod_security_-_Having_problems_with_mod_security
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

poachyness

Tried your suggestion with the htaccess.

This is what the pages says now:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

margarett

Yup, that's mod_security for you... Ask them to disable it (or to contact SMF in order to try and fix that)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

poachyness

Talked to go daddy the said it's not mid security

Other thoughts, this is insane, I just want to seperate the forums by catagories

margarett

I'm sorry, but they need to be more specific than that... It is a known issue with SMF and GD, there are a bunch of reports here over that and ALL of them were solved by disabling mod_security...

edit: if it's not mod_security and it *is* a "not acceptable" error, they should be able to tell you what's not acceptable, then

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

poachyness

They told me they would have to shut down security for the whole server and they can't and never do that.

margarett

Actually that's not true... They already did that to *several* users here...

I'm afraid there's not much more we can do for you... We know that it is a recurrent issue with GD, we tried several times to have them investigate the issue with us but there was never "return", we know that invariably it is solved by disabling mod_security...

poachyness

Can it be done temporarily so I can edit my forums?  If you take a look at my boards they are all grouped and no catagorys.

Dontkickmyrobot.com/ forums

Thanks again I want to call them again.

Poachyness

margarett

It can, by them, not by us.

I'm sorry, but that's nothing else we can do.
* margarett sees a recent registration and the word "refund" comes to his mind...

Arantor

Or if they were to condescend to tell us what about SMF triggers their weird configuration, we could fix it. But they keep saying it's SMF's fault but never telling us what we're 'doing wrong'.

Advertisement: