Removing member list columns

Started by sovredcat, December 25, 2013, 12:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sovredcat

Hi! I've successfully removed AIM, MSN, YIM and ICQ from my forum however; the columns in the memberlist are still there as you can see here: http://[dot]soundofviolence[dot]eu/index.php?action=mlist

I am a bit confused on how to remove these columns, could someone steer me in the right direction? I've looked at Memberlist.php Managemembers.php but I can't seem to find the thing I have to remove in order to make it work.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Yes, you want to edit memberlist.template.php in the default theme dierectory, just do a search for "yim" once you have file open, the area will be obvious that you'd comment out
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

sovredcat

Arantor

Or of course, Admin > Configuration > Core Features > Advanced Profile Fields, which once enabled will let you configure such things without any code changes... including disabling those fields entirely (including the member list)

mrscott

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on December 25, 2013, 01:16:59 PM
Or of course, Admin > Configuration > Core Features > Advanced Profile Fields, which once enabled will let you configure such things without any code changes... including disabling those fields entirely (including the member list)

Does this allow admins to turn those 4 icons off by default, or do members need to go into their profile and turn them off? Also, where do members turn them off? I am the admin and can't see anywhere to turn the icons below the avatar in posts off.

In the Config/Features and Options/Profile Fields I removed ICQ/MSN/AIM/YIM, but don't see where I can remove the icons that appear below people's avatars in posts. That's what I want, either globally by default, or on a per-user basis.

Thanks in advance.

Arantor

That option covers the ICQ/AIM/YIM/MSN options only, as it was what the OP was asking about. The other buttons (email user, visit profile, send PM) are not controlled there and IIRC cannot actually be turned off anywhere which means changing the Display and PersonalMessage templates.

Advertisement: