Suggestion in relation to implementing the possibility of the change of name...

Started by jsx, September 16, 2013, 12:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

I understand what you wrote, but I wrote you what is difficult to introduce such a option?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

All right, one time you think about introducing such a function, really this function is needed.

Xarcell

Quote from: Arantor on January 26, 2014, 05:52:26 PM
but that's the thing... you keep going on about it, which does after the third time sound like a complaint...

I think it's up to 5 times now, lol.

@rimh101 You will not see this feature in 2.0(current version) or 2.1(upcoming version). Constantly asking for it will not change anything. Arantor is stubborn :P and I agree with him.

SMF 2.1 has way too many problems right now(mostly inherited). So much in fact that it even kinda feels discouraging to work on it, because you bust your butt and feel like your not getting anywhere, and that equals getting burned out(IMO). I feel bad for the developers and wish I could help, but I just end up getting in the way. It makes one wonder if we should skip 2.1 and jump straight to 3.0, but then 3.0 is even further away than 2.1 and I think the SMF community needs something before the end of the year to keep it's faith in it. More features equals more time.

Arantor

QuoteSMF 2.1 has way too many problems right now(mostly inherited). So much in fact that it even kinda feels discouraging to work on it, because you bust your butt and feel like your not getting anywhere, and that equals getting burned out(IMO). I feel bad for the developers and wish I could help, but I just end up getting in the way. It makes one wonder if we should skip 2.1 and jump straight to 3.0, but then 3.0 is even further away than 2.1 and I think the SMF community needs something before the end of the year to keep it's faith in it. More features equals more time.

You have no idea how accurate this is.

Advertisement: