After patching to 2.0.7, package manager is white

Started by ryan_dwight, January 23, 2014, 12:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan_dwight

Please merge this post on the other thread if necessary.

I dont thing the issue is on my hosting because i have a dedicated server.

I did the patching procedure and no errors found during and after the patching. but when i went back to package manager its all white.

margarett

A white page is usually a PHP error, so be sure to check your logs (and since you run a dedicated server you can get to the bottom of it) for the cause ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Cutter65

I have the same issue. Upgraded from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7. Showing installed packages works fine. Its just the browse all packages that shows just a white page. There are no errors in the CP log.

margarett

Where exactly is that "Browse all packages"? (I'm sorry, I never used many MODs in my forums...)

I just installed 23 MODs in a row and I still can't see such button

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

Just got to 33 MODs and still working fine.

I'm pretty sure we will go down to the WSOD, that I obviously can't reproduce...

Kindred

when a WSOD is triggered, it is a php error.
An error in the php itself which prevents the compiler from building the page at all.

It should generate a file named error.log.

If it does not, then you have a badly configured server -- because that file is the ONLY way we can tell what the problem actually is.

However, in 99% of the cases of WSOD on the package manager page, it is due to memory issues with a bad host.
If you are running on a dedicated server, then it would most likely mean a badly configured server.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ryan_dwight

thanks for all your replies.

to be honest i don't know where to find that php.

how can i restore to 2.0.6?

AllanD

Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

margarett

This
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0
Should help (imagining you don't have a backup...)

Even so, you will return to this error sooner or later... So it would be wiser to debug it.
Search your php.ini for the location of the log file. It was just days ago another user also couldn't find his error log and eventually he got to it. Can't find that topic, though :(

ryan_dwight

i have backup both database and ftp but ill try that link.

Quote from: AllanD on January 24, 2014, 01:47:04 PM
Ryan do you have any error logs in admin panel?
except for the awardsubs.php that i experienced before upgrading i dont see any related errors, some login errors

Cutter65

I got my package manager white screen fixed by editing the memory limit in the  /Sources/Class-Package.php file:

Find:

// If we're using this try to get some more memory.
@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

Change to:

@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

The detail were found here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=502354.msg3558991#msg3558991

Burt

Quote from: Cutter65 on January 27, 2014, 11:50:55 AM
I got my package manager white screen fixed by editing the memory limit in the  /Sources/Class-Package.php file:

Find:

@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

Change to:

@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

The detail were found here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=502354.msg3558991#msg3558991

Yes but is this a proper fix or just a patch till someone found the solution to the problem?
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Burt

Ok. I just went and did change the line from 32m to 128mb and the white screen has gone when I try to access "Browse Packages".

And here is my question for all the great people here:

If this was a memory problem with my server that most people here believe to be the cause of the white screen (by the way my host is not a free one), how come that by changing two number in the Class-Package.php, the problem is solved?

I didn't contact my host!

They did NOT increase my accessible memory!

So what gives?

Do I have control over the memory my host give to their customer by just changing numbers in the Class-Package.php file?  :D
If you Sig. line is longer or higher than two line, you are just an attention seeker. Grow up!

Advertisement: