News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Icons Messed Up

Started by Dilyar, January 29, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilyar

Hey All,
Everything was working well, but yesterday I had an issue so what I did was downloaded SM and replaced the files of it with my broken forum and it worked again. However it seems like some icons are missing. Can anyone help me trouble shoot? my site is bbs.yengidewr.net

Dilyar

Also my add new plugin is not working, the url is bbs.yengidewr.net/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=browse;server=1;relative=new_feature and it gives me a white screen.

Like the New Features, Future enhancements etc.

Arantor

We know about the latter one - that's largely because for too long the 'new feature' category got dumped into, there's too many in there and it causes your browser to run out of memory. We've been gradually trying to reorganise them to make that be less of a problem.

As for that other issue, that seems specific to your theme and you should ask the theme's author about it.

Dilyar

Ok thanks so much, another issue is how do I remove the post rank from admins/mods? Or move it to another part of this info side bar.

Mihman means guest in my language. And that blue star is for admins. So Guest being on top of admin bar is trippy. Any idea?

Arantor

Dilyar

your amazing thanks, also, how do i delete special membergroups? I couldnt find it in board permissions either, the delete button

Dilyar

also, is it possible to remove the "Logged" sign along with its icon in a post? I think it is indicating that we can see other's ip

Arantor

The admin group, board moderator and 0-post group cannot be deleted and bad things will happen if you attempt it.

Logged is an indication that the IP address has been logged for that post. The theme author can best guide you as they may have changed the code for it; I haven't looked.

Dilyar

the theme author has not been replying to my questions yet. Any idea which file it may be in? and the special group thing was custom made. On top of that I cant seem to be able to change the colour of the other custom groups even if I use the html hex code colour

Arantor

The colours of groups do not change throughout the forum, only in the online list (this has always been how it works)

The logged text will likely turn up in Display.template.php and PersonalMessage.template.php.

The special group thing... if it's custom made I can't help you because I'm not a mind reader...

Dilyar

I am EXTREMELY disappointed that your not a mind reader haha. Its alright.  Okay so, yea I was referring to the slot that asks for the colour on online list. I put in the hex code and it didnt work.

Dilyar

never mind it worked. Thanks so much and I will let you know if I found a way to remove that logged thing

Arantor

Quote from: Dilyar on January 29, 2014, 09:35:49 PM
I am EXTREMELY disappointed that your not a mind reader haha. Its alright.  Okay so, yea I was referring to the slot that asks for the colour on online list. I put in the hex code and it didnt work.

I'm disappointed too! :P Maybe in the next version, eh?

Dilyar

hahah of course! Ok another issue, when someone tries to register they keep getting error has occured error.

Arantor

So what's in the admin error log?

Dilyar

Dilyar

language menu and avatar select are not my extension.

PhuriousGeorge

Mind sharing your Admin.php or copying the code that shows up around line 217?

Dilyar

This is 193-250:

),
            'theme' => array(
               'label' => $txt['theme_admin'],
               'file' => 'Themes.php',
               'function' => 'ThemesMain',
               'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=theme;sa=admin',
               'icon' => 'themes.gif',
               'subsections' => array(
                  'admin' => array($txt['themeadmin_admin_title']),
                  'list' => array($txt['themeadmin_list_title']),
                  'reset' => array($txt['themeadmin_reset_title']),
                  'edit' => array($txt['themeadmin_edit_title']),
               ),
            ),
            'modsettings' => array(
               'label' => $txt['admin_modifications'],
               'file' => 'ManageSettings.php',
               'function' => 'ModifyModSettings',
               'icon' => 'modifications.gif',
               'subsections' => array(
                  'general' => array($txt['mods_cat_modifications_misc']),
                  // Mod Authors for a "ADD AFTER" on this line. Ensure you end your change with a comma. For example:
                  // 'shout' => array($txt['shout']),
                  // Note the comma!! The setting with automatically appear with the first mod to be added.
                  'languagemenu' => array($txt['language_menu']),
               ),
            ),
         ),
      ),
      'layout' => array(
         'title' => $txt['layout_controls'],
         'permission' => array('manage_boards', 'admin_forum', 'manage_smileys', 'manage_attachments', 'moderate_forum'),
         'areas' => array(
            'manageboards' => array(
               'label' => $txt['admin_boards'],
               'file' => 'ManageBoards.php',
               'function' => 'ManageBoards',
               'icon' => 'boards.gif',
               'permission' => array('manage_boards'),
               'subsections' => array(
                  'main' => array($txt['boardsEdit']),
                  'newcat' => array($txt['mboards_new_cat']),
                  'settings' => array($txt['settings'], 'admin_forum'),
               ),
            ),
            'postsettings' => array(
               'label' => $txt['manageposts'],
               'file' => 'ManagePosts.php',
               'function' => 'ManagePostSettings',
               'permission' => array('admin_forum'),
               'icon' => 'posts.gif',
               'subsections' => array(
                  'posts' => array($txt['manageposts_settings']),
                  'bbc' => array($txt['manageposts_bbc_settings']),
                  'censor' => array($txt['admin_censored_words']),
                  'topics' => array($txt['manageposts_topic_settings']),
               ),
            ),

Arantor

They're also not going to cause the issue related to during registration.

Advertisement: