News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PayPal Donate

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 03:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Except he didn't say 2.0.5, he said 2.0 RC5 which is something different.

Johnny English

Ah, apologies for my dumbness. Now that I have exposed myself as being dumb, I might as well ask another dumb question - does using Version Emulation to an older build expose the forum to any security flaws that were present in that older version i.e. am I potentially compromising my board by using it?

Thanks for your help on this.

Arantor

No it does not.

All that happens is a mod says "I have install instructions for <these versions>", in this case the mod just says it has install instructions for 2.0 RC5.

By using the emulate function, all you're doing is saying "don't look for instructions marked 2.0.6, look for instructions marked 2.0 RC5 and use those".

Johnny English

Sir, you are a gentlemen and a scholar. That worked perfectly. My abundant thanks (and thumbs up for the cover of such a fine album as your avatar while I'm at it).

Arantor

Glad to be of service :)

(And yes, Powerslave is my favourite Iron Maiden album, with Number of the Beast a close second)

i_fiorentino

Hi everybody,
i've installed this mod but i've noticed that it hides to all visitors.
Is it possible to show this bar to all users and visitors?
This is my forum link: http://www.centrometeotoscana.it/forum/index.php [nofollow]
Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

i_fiorentino

Quote from: i_fiorentino on April 14, 2014, 10:13:00 AM
Hi everybody,
i've installed this mod but i've noticed that it hides to all visitors.
Is it possible to show this bar to all users and visitors?
This is my forum link: http://www.centrometeotoscana.it/forum/index.php [nofollow]
Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

Solved!
It was in the permissions board.
Regards,

Alessandro

RubberDucky

Is it worth it to put a Donate button? Do people really donate? I was thinking of putting it on my own gaming forum, but will it serve it's purpose, or will no one donate at all? Some people say that they receive no donations at all, and yet I hear that some forums cover all server costs just from donations.
My gaming forum: http://gamingforums.hostei.com. Please visit my gaming forum.
I want to become a bigforum when I grow up.

Matthew K.

Well, there's no harm in trying, is there?

RubberDucky

In a way there is harm, because people will either think that I am desperate for a few extra bucks per month or they will realize that sometimes forums may require upgraded hosting, which can cost up to 3 figures per month. I will try it one day when my gaming forum starts to get members.
My gaming forum: http://gamingforums.hostei.com. Please visit my gaming forum.
I want to become a bigforum when I grow up.

Matthew K.

Why don't you try putting it up for a week or two for a month and see how it goes?

pepa

Installed this using emulation on 2.0.14 with the Redsy theme.  Having the same problem reported by others ... can't find the 13 digit donate button value.  When I click on the help button all I see is a broken image url.
How can I access the value I need?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 06:05:27 AM
Installed this using emulation on 2.0.14 with the Redsy theme.  Having the same problem reported by others ... can't find the 13 digit donate button value.  When I click on the help button all I see is a broken image url.

I have not reviewed the mod but as I remember paypal I change certain things and that may be why this is giving you problems, and inspecting the item with some browser does not mark the route of the error?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on November 22, 2017, 09:39:00 AM
Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 06:05:27 AM

I have not reviewed the mod but as I remember paypal I change certain things and that may be why this is giving you problems, and inspecting the item with some browser does not mark the route of the error?

Regards!

Yes, thank you.  I guess I'm at the same route to nowhere that you describe?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 04:41:36 PM

I should see if I can see the code it could be that the security code was changed or something else was added, I see if I take some time to review and answer ;)

Regards!

pepa

Quote from: Rock Lee on November 22, 2017, 09:17:36 PM
Quote from: pepa on November 22, 2017, 04:41:36 PM

I should see if I can see the code it could be that the security code was changed or something else was added, I see if I take some time to review and answer ;)

Regards!

Anything happening about this?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: pepa on January 22, 2018, 05:12:05 AM
Anything happening about this?

I was reviewing but without logging in, it's really part of the lack of time for study topics.

Regards!

Advertisement: