News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

wwwRedirect vs. internal links to older topic board pages

Started by _socrates_, February 03, 2014, 05:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_socrates_

Hello all!

My forum is now redirecting to www.<forum name>. However, some internal links have not been updated, and do not work properly. Specifically, the older board pages have the form

<forum name>/board/75/

And when clicking on it, instead of showing the corresponding page with the older topics, members (including myself) are redirected to the main index page. www.<forum name>/board/75/ would work properly, but that's not how the links with the numbering for older board pages are formed.

I don't see any configuration places where the www. is missing, but I don't know if some option that I have not yet seen is wrongly configured, or if it is a bug. I would appreciate any hint at what could be the cause/solution to the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Arantor

Well, board/75 is the result of one of the SEO mods, and is not a standard part of SMF... so I'd start with whatever mod you're using first...

_socrates_

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on February 03, 2014, 05:24:44 PM
Well, board/75 is the result of one of the SEO mods, and is not a standard part of SMF... so I'd start with whatever mod you're using first...

Thank you very much for your response! But, doesn't it mean "75 messages ago"? This is the link that appears when clicking page "4" of a certain board (50 for "3", 25 for "2"). It is setup currently at 25 topics per page.

Arantor

I have no idea what it is because I have no idea what mod you're using. Some mods may make that board id 75, others might use it as you outline. Fact remains, it's not a standard part of SMF, and without knowing what you've added, I really don't see how I can help you :(

_socrates_

Ok, I understand from what you say and from this forum that this is not the standard format for internal links to older board pages.

This is the list of mods currently installed, I wonder if it may have to do with Pretty URLs 1.0...

1.Optimus Brave1.8.7
2.SMF 2.0.5 Update1.0
3.Google Translate for SMF 2.01.4
5.SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update1.0
6.RSS Feed Poster4.0.2
7.Board Viewers Mod1.2.1.1b
8.SMF 2.0.4 Update1.0 
9.Register At Post View v.1.11.1
10.Image Attachment Details1.0
12.Effectively Remove SMF Logo2.0
13.YouTube BBCode2.6
15.Adk Blog3.0
16.Stop Spammer2.3.7
17.Quick Translation0.8.0.1
19.Thank-o-matic3.0
20.SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update1.0
21.RSS Feed Icon1.1 
23.SEO Sitemap2.1.1
25.Simple Audio Video Embedder2.3
26.Pretty URLs1.0
28.Topic Rating Bar0.8.2
29.Topic Ratings1.03
30.Menu without limit level1.0.10
31.Custom Action Mod3.2
34.SimplePortal2.3.5
35.nCode Image Resizer1.4
37.Recent Topics On Board Index1.03 
38.Pretty URLs Extras1.0
39.Forum Name in Browser Title2.0.1
40.Share This Topic4.1.2
43.Sitemap2.2.0
44.SMF 2.0.3 Update1.0
45.Simple Audio Video Embedder2.0.5

Again, thanks for your attention!

Kindred

you are using pretty urls....   so, who knows what that does to your urls
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

_socrates_

How can I add the "www." prefix to all internal links? This would be a solution, and I don't think it depends on Pretty URLs...

It is configured in all the fields I see (server settings, theme settings, etc.), but something must be missing...

Kindred

you would have to do a direct replace in the SQL

however, the issue with the links redirecting to the index is caused by prettyurls
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

_socrates_

That's right, disabling Pretty URLs solves the issue. I have not dared to delete the mod though, since there is no uninstall option.

Thank you very much!

Advertisement: