News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forum messed up after moving host

Started by tbk22, February 06, 2014, 06:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbk22

I just moved my forum to another host.

What I did was restore everything I had backed up from the ftp to the new host, and restore the DB through phpmyadmin and change the settings in localsettings.php  and now the forum is all messed up, mainly images and the admin area.

ex: http://i.imgur.com/1DNyK1A.png

Any help with this.
=)

Looking

So many things can go wrong with a move but:

This may be of help to you: repair settings. Add it to your forum root and run it in your browser.

tbk22

I did run the repair settings php and apparently every directory and db user/name is correct
=)

kat

Admin>Themes and Layout>Theme settings.

At the bottom of the page, click on "Attempt to reset all themes".

tbk22

Quote from: K@ on February 07, 2014, 06:18:46 AM
Admin>Themes and Layout>Theme settings.

At the bottom of the page, click on "Attempt to reset all themes".

Do youi have the URL and an image ilustrating that option, because in the current state of things I can't even open any menu let alone see the settings because everything is like this http://i.imgur.com/GalbtZD.png
=)

kat

Yuk! Not really, coz there're sessions involved, I believe.

http://www.yourforum.com/index.php?action=admin;area=theme;sa=list

will get you to the page. Whether you can do anything, when you get there, remains to be seen.

Storman™

Quote.......... and change the settings in localsettings.php

There is no such file called localsettings.php

Presume you mean Settings.php ?  Or have you named it wrong...?

tbk22

Yes I mean settings.php, got confused with another CMS I use.

I still couldn't solve the problem, the entire site admin area is messed up and some board preferences got reseted as well, Idk why since I just imported the database backup through phpmyadmin adn did nothing special
=)

tbk22

Tried that one. No luck. I deleted everything again and redid the whole restore process again to make sure I didn't do anything wrong and I got the exact same problem, tried both your and the default repair_settings.php with every recommended value and still no luck.

All admin pages are messed up like this http://i.imgur.com/aQKNbsS.png and the whole error log page is full of these errors http://i.imgur.com/gtc7qun.png, everytime I refresh I get 3000+ more errors on the log

What could have gone wrong? I have tried everything by now without success.
=)

kat

Yuk! To me, it looks like the database isn't quite right.

Can you get the old one, from your previous host, by any chance? Or, perhaps, try restoring it, again?

Chalky

That looks to me like the theme directory path is wrong in Admin > Config > Themes and Layout > Theme Settings.  Make sure everything there is pointing to the right place on your new server.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: CheekyCat on February 09, 2014, 09:43:38 AM
That looks to me like the theme directory path is wrong in Admin > Config > Themes and Layout > Theme Settings.  Make sure everything there is pointing to the right place on your new server.

Don't running repair settings correct that if it's wrong?
They already run, repair settings.

Chalky

I believe it's supposed to but it never has when I've run it - I've always had to fix the theme paths manually in Admin afterwards. So it's well worth checking.

Illori

Quote from: CheekyCat on February 09, 2014, 11:55:11 AM
I believe it's supposed to but it never has when I've run it - I've always had to fix the theme paths manually in Admin afterwards. So it's well worth checking.

have you used the newer version of repair_settings.php? it now does attempt to reset the paths for all installed themes.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: K@ on February 09, 2014, 06:41:04 AM

Can you get the old one, from your previous host, by any chance? Or, perhaps, try restoring it, again?

phpmyadmin will sometimes time out and create an incomplete backup without throwing an error.  Have seen this on a couple of hosts.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

kat

Had it happen, myself, to my cost. I always get two, now, just in case. If they're the same size, I assume all's good. :)

Chalky

Quote from: Illori on February 09, 2014, 12:33:17 PM

have you used the newer version of repair_settings.php? it now does attempt to reset the paths for all installed themes.

Ah, that could be it LOL  :laugh:  Still worth a quick glance at those paths though.  Logic says to eliminate the simplest explanations first...  :)

tbk22

Quote from: K@ on February 09, 2014, 06:41:04 AM

Unfortunatly my old host expired last week and they closed my account. All I have is this and other full cpanel backup.  I redid everything 2 times tho so Im not sure how this could happen, the database seems to have been restored successfully according to phpmyadmin

Quote from: CheekyCat on February 09, 2014, 09:43:38 AM
The problem is I can't access any of those menus, care to share the direct link?

Quote from: Illori on February 09, 2014, 12:33:17 PM

If that version is the one  K sent me then yes I have used it, with all the recommended paths

=)

Advertisement: