How To Convert Board Topic Background Color ?

Started by GamePersia, February 07, 2014, 10:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamePersia

How To Convert Board Topic Background Color ?
i am having light blue topic background color,...but i want to change it to white,..!!
so kindly tell me,..how to do that ?

Storman™

The main area of a post is covered by in the file index.css (/Themes/default/css/index.css) by the classes .windowbg and alternatively by .windowbg2

However, each area has a top and bottom section:

.windowbg span.topslice    and     .windowbg span.botslice

and

.windowbg2 span.topslice    and     .windowbg2 span.botslice

...and you'll see that those slices are controlled by an image in /images/theme/main_block.png

So you need to amend the colors in the css to #ffffff to make the main area white. However you'll also need to make amendments to the main_block.png image as well.

GamePersia

Quote from: Storman™ on February 07, 2014, 12:09:44 PM
The main area of a post is covered by in the file index.css (/Themes/default/css/index.css) by the classes .windowbg and alternatively by .windowbg2

However, each area has a top and bottom section:

.windowbg span.topslice    and     .windowbg span.botslice

and

.windowbg2 span.topslice    and     .windowbg2 span.botslice

...and you'll see that those slices are controlled by an image in /images/theme/main_block.png

So you need to amend the colors in the css to #ffffff to make the main area white. However you'll also need to make amendments to the main_block.png image as well.
Can You Tell Me Step By Step !!...That What Actually To Do ?
As I Found All Things As You Said.
Kindly Tell Me Step By Step.... :)

kat

I doubt this is going to make things any easier. But, I'll give a try...

In index.css, you'll see this:

.windowbg span.topslice
{
display: block;
padding-left: 20px;
background: url(../images/theme/main_block.png) 0 -30px no-repeat;
}
.windowbg span.topslice span
{
background: url(../images/theme/main_block.png) 100% -30px no-repeat;
height: 11px;

As you can see, they refer to this image, which is /images/theme/main_block.png. That image, is attached. So, basically, you'll need to recolour that image, to suit you.

Not an entirely easy job, as you'll see. :(

GamePersia

Quote from: K@ on February 10, 2014, 06:11:59 AM
I doubt this is going to make things any easier. But, I'll give a try...

In index.css, you'll see this:

.windowbg span.topslice
{
padding-left: 20px;
background: url(../images/theme/main_block.png) 0 -30px no-repeat;
}
.windowbg span.topslice span
{
background: url(../images/theme/main_block.png) 100% -30px no-repeat;
height: 11px;

As you can see, they refer to this image, which is /images/theme/main_block.png. That image, is attached. So, basically, you'll need to recolour that image, to suit you.

Not an entirely easy job, as you'll see. :(
Firstly,..i would say,..nice profile image !... ;D
and then in your attached image,..what to change ??...i only want to change my topic background color to pure white !!..
but in that image i am totally lost,..that is it a image ??

kat

I'm not 100% sure which part of the image it is, to be honest, because I've never tried to change that. If I was trying to do this, myself, I'd keep a copy of the original image and try a bit of "trial and error", to find which part it is. It's up to you, if you think doing all that work, for such a small change, is worth all the effort involved. ;)

That image is in the theme's "images" directory, in the sub-directory named "theme".

The image, in my sig, has other uses. Click on it, to see... :)

GamePersia

Quote from: K@ on February 10, 2014, 06:35:47 AM
I'm not 100% sure which part of the image it is, to be honest, because I've never tried to change that. If I was trying to do this, myself, I'd keep a copy of the original image and try a bit of "trial and error", to find which part it is. It's up to you, if you think doing all that work, for such a small change, is worth all the effort involved. ;)

That image is in the theme's "images" directory, in the sub-directory named "theme".

The image, in my sig, has other uses. Click on it, to see... :)
the image,,...that is for the cat !! not sign !!
but could you kindly tell which part is for topic background ?

kat

Not a clue, I'm afraid. As I said, try a bit of "Try it and see". That's what I'd do. :)

GamePersia

Can anyone guide me how to customize topic background color from light blue to pure white ... :-\

margarett

Do you want to change ALL the post area (including left panel with poster information, upper area with post title/time and date, etc) or just the inner rectangle were the post text itself is shown?

The first option is very difficult to accomplish. If you want to do so, you'd be better off with a different theme, especially one that doesn't use rounded corners and image-based gradients...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GamePersia

Quote from: margarett on February 26, 2014, 06:15:44 AM
Do you want to change ALL the post area (including left panel with poster information, upper area with post title/time and date, etc) or just the inner rectangle were the post text itself is shown?

The first option is very difficult to accomplish. If you want to do so, you'd be better off with a different theme, especially one that doesn't use rounded corners and image-based gradients...
ok,....you got it !! ;D
"just the inner rectangle were the post text itself is shown"

margarett

Themes/default/css/index.css

Find:
.inner
{
padding: 1em 1em 2px 0;
margin: 0 1em 0 0;
border-top: 1px solid #99a;
}

Replace with:
.inner
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

It will look like attached.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GamePersia

Quote from: margarett on February 26, 2014, 06:43:50 AM
Themes/default/css/index.css

Find:
.inner
{
}

Replace with:
.inner
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

It will look like attached.
i think the pic you have attached is for replies box,..i am correct ??
if yes,...then yes this color i want.,..but for whole box,...not just for text background !!

Advertisement: