News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error in Package Installation 2.0.7

Started by winsoft, February 09, 2014, 03:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsoft

I have the latest upgrade mod from http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/. I am using 2.0.6 and want to upgrade to 2.0.7.

However i get  "Error in Package Installation".
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

I have done previous upgrade (2.0.5 to 2.0.6) from the same way. Do i need to delete that mod first otherwise why i get this error do you think?

Thank you

kat

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

winsoft

shadow82x

That's the only error you're receiving? Honestly, it wouldn't be a big deal if you just continue with the installation and ignore that error. It's just making you update that file version number which isn't vital to the update.

You can still change that file change manually, but again it's not going to break your forum or anything if you don't. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

winsoft

i did go ahead and updated the forum successfully.

thank you

Quote from: mcblaber on February 10, 2014, 03:01:30 AM
That's the only error you're receiving? Honestly, it wouldn't be a big deal if you just continue with the installation and ignore that error. It's just making you update that files version number which isn't vital to the update.

You can still do that file change manually, but again it's not going to break your forum or anything if you don't. :)

Advertisement: