News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Overriding Last Edit comment

Started by bosswhite, February 15, 2014, 06:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

"Original post" meaning?... If you edit your post you're always editing your "original post", and if that is the case then something isn't right with your SMF or a mod you installed.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Rk2910

It shows up just like the "last edit" under your last past above.  I don't have a mod installed that adds it, as I'm sure this site doesn't either.
In phpbb there was an option to turn off the "Last edit" display.

Gwenwyfar

Yes, that is a default feature. If the date is not showing correctly on new edits then something is broken somewhere or malfunctioning. Unless you originally wanted two things: to fix the broken dates and to get rid of this feature. You could increase the courtesy editing time if you just don't want it appearing everywhere on any minor edit.

Steve

I'm confused. You DON'T want the 'Last edited by etc.' line showing? On my forum it's a setting in Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Settings that says 'Show last modification date on modified posts: ' ...

I've been over and over my mod list and can't find anything that would add that so is this not a default feature? Or am I misunderstanding what's wanted here?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

It is a default feature... :)

I couldn't remember where it was... Lol
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

I didn't know if we had that option, was thinking of where you change the other edit things only, but there you go, then...   :)

Rk2910

Well shoot, now I feel like a dope. :-[
I looked everywhere, just didn't go into the individual themes.
So sorry about all the confusion although I did learn some stuff about queries ;-)
I guess I can uninstall the one mod then.

Thanks  :-[

Steve

Don't be silly dude. I'm far from an expert so there are still things I have trouble finding and things I don't know exist either. And if Fortytwo didn't know it, as sharp as she is, you have nothing to feel bad about. ;)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: