Mass send email script?

Started by Jade Elizabeth, February 20, 2014, 06:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Is there a way I can mass send an email out using the emails in my database (smf one) from the email smf uses? I want to send a HTML email but my newsletter thing in admin wont work, it keeps timing out :(.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

margarett

Well, you can use something like phplist and manually/by script copy your members details to phplist tables.

But I think the ideal would be to see what's wrong with SMF's mail queue...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jade Elizabeth

I've got a support topic for that but RIGHT now I have to send out a mass email for legal reasons, and I just need to get it done ASAP! So I was hoping for a quick and dirty solution. Will look at phplist! :D
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

Phplist is no good, I don't want to put these emails on a 3rd party. I can't legally do that :).

IchBin™

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on February 22, 2014, 02:28:26 AM
Phplist is no good, I don't want to put these emails on a 3rd party. I can't legally do that :).

You aren't supposed to put it on a 3rd party site. You are supposed to use their software and install it on your own site.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jade Elizabeth

It's not working for me. Every second thing I do results in an error. Also it's HUGE. I just want something simple.

margarett

Well, it can't be too simple because you'll always need a queue...

Another idea. What about you create a second install of SMF, copy your members table over and try to send that newsletter from this "clean" install?

Jade Elizabeth

WHAT if I inject it into the mail queue in the database?

Advertisement: