March 2014 Update

Started by Suki, March 04, 2014, 08:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Time for the monthly update.

Most, if not all changes were bug fixes/small improvements. Here's a raw list:

- There's a lightbox pop-up for login.
- Now admins can choose to receive an alert message for whenever someone decides to change their email (admins must enable "send_validation_onChange" for this). It also fixes a bug where part of the profile menu was visible to logged out users.
- PM labels and overall PM functionality got some love and bug fixes too.
- Added new setting for Paypal Sandbox email.
- Allowed admins to delete a user's poll votes when deleting their account.
- The default theme continues to get improvements.
- Some HTML5 validation issues were solved.
- Added some extra reinforcements for deleting locked topics and posts within them.
- Profile fields were always shown as disabled due to a missing space. This has now been fixed.
- Improvements on handling DB ports during installation.
- The calendar CSS got moved to its own CSS file.
- Move the "Upload a Package" block to the top so users don't get confused.
- Hardcoded fields such as location, gender, Yahoo messenger, Skype, AOL and ICQ have been moved to custom profile fields.
- COPPA accounts are now included in the count of unapproved members.
- Allow linking of existing calendar events to new topics.
- When all messages on a topic can be shown, fixed the prev/next rel links and a "view all" link is now shown for search engines to follow.

As always, you can take a look at where the fun is happening: http://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 and remember, due to the volatile nature of the repo, installing 2.1 for production is not recommended. You can, however, install it on a local or test site and give us a hand at reporting issues.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Robert.

margarett

Nicely done. Almost there, hey? ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

CountryLady

Thanks for the information, Suki.

Many "Thanks" to all contributors to the 2.1 project.

Colin

Thank you devs and contributors.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

renoldscott

Thanks for share the update.

Herman's Mixen

Thanks for the update ;)

But clean install hangs between step5 and step6 so the admin user is not created in the database !!

The upgrade from 2.0.7 won't work eather as the database changes hangs on part 2/2 step 15 to 31 and returns an error to restart process from that step but nogo further...

just to let you devs know, took the 2-1 release from last night... februari update worked correctly !!
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

NanoSector

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on March 05, 2014, 05:38:44 AM
Thanks for the update ;)

But clean install hangs between step5 and step6 so the admin user is not created in the database !!

The upgrade from 2.0.7 won't work eather as the database changes hangs on part 2/2 step 15 to 31 and returns an error to restart process from that step but nogo further...

just to let you devs know, took the 2-1 release from last night... februari update worked correctly !!
Please report any bugs you may find at GitHub. Scattering everything around is not a good idea.

Thanks for the update, looks like nice progress is being made.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Herman's Mixen

i do not report to github as i hate it ;)
just to mention they have to look into it or re-push it maybe

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

AllanD

Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

nwsw

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on March 05, 2014, 05:38:44 AM

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on March 05, 2014, 06:11:40 AM
i do not report to github as i hate it ;)

The 2.1 database upgrade is broken in the current copy of the release-2.1 branch. I commented on the offending commit and got a quick reply from the author. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Suki

The install stuff is fixed.

The upgrade stuff will have to wait until I finish adding a re-order feature for custom profile fields.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Herman's Mixen

Thanks Suki for your update, i did install february update and replaced the files of the last update only bug i have at this moment is

?action=recent

gives me this error

Unknown column 'b.redirect' in 'where clause'
File: /www/web8458/html/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 256

/Sources/Recent.php line 250-256

$get_num_posts = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT IFNULL(SUM(num_posts), 0)
FROM {db_prefix}boards
WHERE ' . $query_these_boards . '
AND b.redirect = {string:empty}',
array_merge($query_these_boards_params, array('empty' => ''))
);

it's not huge problem but still ;)

Suki

Please use the bugtracker at github.

Herman's Mixen

dont use github  and will not register there ;)

Colin

Why not? It's a fantastic platform.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Alpay

Kindred

Herman's Mixen...   GitHub is the platform we use for development and tracking of issues. Anything posted here is likely to get lost and is not tracked. Sorry if you don't like the system, but that's what we are using.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TomW

Fantastic!  Thank you for the update.

Herman's Mixen

Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2014, 10:43:38 PM
Herman's Mixen...   GitHub is the platform we use for development and tracking of issues. Anything posted here is likely to get lost and is not tracked. Sorry if you don't like the system, but that's what we are using.

I be aware of that lol, i simply not register or report an issue there
fixed it myself so forget what i said :P

NanoSector

I know Git is awful but what exactly is wrong with GitHub and its issue tracker?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

TomW

in GitHub I see that the BoardIndex is related to at least 2 serious defects.  Is this being worked ?  I'm curious as to how the work is prioritized.

Suki

All issues are important, we are working on them 1 by 1, we haven't reach the BoardIndex issues yet.

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2014, 10:43:38 PM

I be aware of that lol, i simply not register or report an issue there
fixed it myself so forget what i said :P

It really doesn't matter if you got it fixed for you...  it needs to be fixed and needs to be reported on github, as simple as that. If you don't want to for whatever reason, someone else will, ts not a big deal.

Herman's Mixen

Quote from: FatalException on March 07, 2014, 04:35:01 AM
I know Git is awful but what exactly is wrong with GitHub and its issue tracker?

Why should i register at something i DONT like ??

Quote from: Suki on March 07, 2014, 08:52:26 AM
It really doesn't matter if you got it fixed for you...  it needs to be fixed and needs to be reported on github, as simple as that. If you don't want to for whatever reason, someone else will, ts not a big deal.

Let it be someone else who honer i just reported here, YOU can report there if ya like ;)

I m just to ill for it... sorry cant help that !!

Suki

Awesome, lets move on...

Advertisement: