News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Last post adjustment vb-like

Started by Black Tiger, March 07, 2014, 12:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

IIRC, hat you just did will stop it, going forward, however, you will also have to remove it from all saved titles in the database.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

^^ This. And, this will prevent the "Re:" to be added to new replies. Not sure if this is intended or a good idea...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Black Tiger

Yes. It's only in those two files.
I did a string search under linux console and only those 2 files containing the "Re:" came back as result.
It's like this at the moment:
$txt['response_prefix'] = '';
If you want, you can have a look for yourself. My site is in my profile if it correct.

Margarett: I did not see any "re" on new reply's anyway, and I don't mind if they are not there.:)

@Kindred: That will indeed be the cause. I presume there is no simple way to do this? Have to do it manually via phpmyadmin I guess?
Greetings, Black Tiger

Herman's Mixen

dunno if this wil work for you but you can try it if it won't change it back

open /Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Code (find) Select

censorText($row_board['subject']);

Code (add before) Select

$row_board['subject'] = preg_replace('/^' . preg_quote($txt['response_prefix']) . '/', '', $row_board['subject']);
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Black Tiger

It won't remove it Herman.
I will change it back. I think your previous solution will work, but only on newer threads, so from this moment on.
Greetings, Black Tiger

margarett

You need to add a link to redirect your homepage to /forum so that we don't need to copy/past it ;)

Anyway, I still think that this is not a good idea. Overall you want to know when it is a reply or not, just in BoardIndex you want to have this "Re: trimmed. But that's up to you ;)

Quote from: Black Tiger on March 08, 2014, 09:35:40 AM
It won't remove it Herman.
I will change it back. I think your previous solution will work, but only on newer threads, so from this moment on.
You are right ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Black Tiger

Thank you all for your great help!!
Greetings, Black Tiger

margarett

Black Tiger

Yep it worked. As soon as a new reply is posted, the "Re:" is gone.;)
Greetings, Black Tiger

Black Tiger

Little correction for future references. Herman's code was not needed. It was enough to remove the "Re: " part in the index.english.php (or other language) file.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Advertisement: