News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't Convert From phpBB to SMf

Started by vbbanks, March 14, 2014, 05:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbbanks

I cant for the life get this right
so i uninstalled everything and started fresh

i installed the latest phpbb on my main doman   ( www.mydomain.com )
then installed the latest smf                                ( www.mydomain.com/smf

downloaded the latest converter uploaded both files to my smf root and ran the
convert.php

I made sure the:
Path to SMF:    was correct

Path to phpBB3: was correct
and i got the smf database password from Settings.php

and i clicked continue and keep getting this dam error

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'banksvbc_smf5'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

please will someone give me a fix for this

margarett

You should have 2 separate databases, right? That error means that the MySQL user that connects to SMF has no permission to access phpBB's database. You need to fix that in cPanel or phpmyadmin
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vbbanks

I don't know even know where to begin.
I created 2 databases with 2 users through cPanel With ALL PRIVILEGES

Herman's Mixen

why not use 1 database and start from there use for phpbb database prefix phpbb_dbname and for smf smf_dbname ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

vbbanks

Herman That technique Worked Perfect. I Really Appreciate Your Help.

Advertisement: