News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin Page White Screen of Death Mishap

Started by DearSweetAru, March 15, 2014, 04:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearSweetAru

I recently updated to 2.0.8, though it did said there was an error when doing so. I might need to uninstall and reinstall, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look up the mod author to see how to get that fixed.

If I got rid of that mod would it possibly remedy some of my problems?

kat

If all else fails, you needn't go crazy with a total reinstall. :)

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

As it says, on that page:

QuoteOnce done, your forum will be in a virgin state, software-wise. All of your members, posts, etc. will be intact. However, none of your mods will be installed now. They will, fortunately, still be in Package Manager. From there, you can either apply/install them, or delete them, as you desire. Any of your mod's settings that are stored in the database will be retained and still be usable when the mod is reinstalled.

Kindred

now why do people do that?

There is a big red warning message....

which they ignore and install anyway... without actually taking note what the failure was.

If you got a failure, then it's not going to work correctly. period.
You had better either try to figure out where the failure was - and manually fix it, or do what k@ says.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DearSweetAru

I read where the failures were prior to uploading them and they were in areas that didn't seem important. I'm accustomed to a different forum host, so I wasn't aware it was that big of a deal. Now I do, so I'll keep it as a future note anytime I'm installing any mod that if there's an error I just want install it.

Thanks, K@ :D I'll definitely check that out. I'm completely fine with having to reinstall mods. I'm glad the member posts and whatnot will stay, which was my main concern with touching things I don't understand on this forum host. I am definitely learning my lesson here lol Thanks for the help. I'm going to try this and see if it fixes everything.

Kindred

Everything is important when it comes to patches and even mods...

If it's not important, it will be set to ignore on failure...   If it gives you a warning, then there is a reason that we set it to warn you......
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: