How about getting these themes updated?

Started by coldthunder, October 04, 2005, 11:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldthunder

There are some great themes on here and im moving over for phpbb to smf but there are only a very few themes for the new 1.1 rc. I know literally 30 people with forums that want to switch to this smf but wont cause of the lack of themes. Im still running my phpbb forums but was building a new one with smf and was going to switch over but cant cuase there are hardly any themes that have been converted to work with 1.1 (and not being disprespectful but dont tell me to read the thread on how to convert them as i did that with 3 different themes and none of them worked). I understand you coders are busy and we appreciate all your hard work but when are you all going to update the themes? at least put a estimated datd in the thread for your theme so we can look forward to that.

thanks

Scubasteve

many of the theme developers due it in their personal time and get absolutely nothing for it. They will get updated when htey get updated. Perhaps those who dont want to wait should examine why their conversions have failed and make them correct to benifit the community.
If it aint broke, break it.

forsakenlad

Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

coldthunder

Quote from: Reaper on October 05, 2005, 02:51:50 AM
many of the theme developers due it in their personal time and get absolutely nothing for it. They will get updated when htey get updated. Perhaps those who dont want to wait should examine why their conversions have failed and make them correct to benifit the community.

theres always has to be one! Maybe you should read my post fully inclucing the below:

I understand you coders are busy and we appreciate all your hard work but when are you all going to update the themes? at least put a estimated datd in the thread for your theme so we can look forward to that.

There was nothign bad there just a simple request for a date.

and forsakenland... thanks for that link and i have tried that on 3 different themese but couldnt get them to work, stuff it was asking me to search for wasnt in these themes so they may have some different code. I am patiently awaiting the coders to up date and like i said above thanks for all your hard work, it is appreciated.

thank you

forsakenlad

Then instead of searching for that entire line try to search for the spesific code that has changed ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

rider

Have you tried going to bloc's site and see which ones he has been able to update so far?   www.tinyportal.net

coldthunder

Oh believe me i have forsaken lol, im very  well versed in phpbb code and searching for stuff, just didnt work for these, but i will wait :-) and no i didnt kno bloc had a site, i will check it out

bloc

As said earlier here, people update when they have the time. :) It might not be always so quick as some would like it to be, but its inevitable. After all, most are doing it for free. Some people will have an easy time updating, others need to struggle. Have patience. :)

For my own themes, I have updated only Helios yet..but am working to get the rest done this week. ( if nothing unforeseen happens).

IchBin™

What, you think you have a life or something? pfft!!! :P
IchBin™        TinyPortal

coldthunder

DMS_Shaun

Quote from: Bloc on October 06, 2005, 09:01:11 PM
As said earlier here, people update when they have the time. :) It might not be always so quick as some would like it to be, but its inevitable. After all, most are doing it for free. Some people will have an easy time updating, others need to struggle. Have patience. :)

For my own themes, I have updated only Helios yet..but am working to get the rest done this week. ( if nothing unforeseen happens).
Helios is the best theme I have ever come across for my site as of now.  It suits it perfectly, and I'm glad it was the first to be updated.  Much Mahalo Bloc!

Advertisement: