News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Breeze

Started by Suki, March 21, 2014, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinty

Quote from: Suki on August 26, 2018, 05:58:38 PM
hxxp:github.com/MissAllSunday/Breeze/releases/tag/v1.0.14 [nonactive]:

1.0.14 August  26, 2018
- Add support for PHP 7.

I am unable to get this working. It seems to install OK and I get the message that it does. But then a few seconds later it gets redirected to another message that says

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'BreezeAdmin' template.

I have changed all the permissions to make everything writable but no luck. Nor do I see anything different when looking at someone's profile.

Suki

Is this for SMF 2.0.x?

Make sure the following files are present on your themes/default/ folder:

Breeze.template.php   
BreezeAdmin.template.php   
BreezeFunctions.template.php

If not, add them there.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Tricky-Ricky

Hi suki can you please update the sinple portal block from page 2

Cheers

Suki

Oh my! it certainly needs an update, will see if I can do it over the weekend.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Tricky-Ricky

Thanks your a star  ;)

Tricky-Ricky

Sorry Suki im gona bump this any chance of an update on simple portal block??

Suki

Yeah, don't have too much time these days.

If you mean the block from https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=520127.msg3681888#msg3681888

It should still work, I just tested in with an SP block

Tricky-Ricky

Strange I must be doing something wrong I keep getting an error Function name must be a string.

Suki

What PHP version are you using?

Tricky-Ricky

I'm currently using 7.0

Sir Osis of Liver

Running Breeze 1.0.14 in 2.0.15 php 7.0.33.  Admin -> Members is broken, getting this error -

syntax error, unexpected '||' (T_BOOLEAN_OR)

Error log:

eval disabled -

/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;d025845c9dbc=989f13867ef19d84520afb46d821e575
Undefined index: description
/forum/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line: 303

/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;d025845c9dbc=989f13867ef19d84520afb46d821e575
Undefined index: title
File: /forum/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line: 291

eval enabled -

Undefined index: description
/forum/Themes/default/languages/Breeze.english.php (generic_menu_sidebar_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 303

Undefined index: title
/forum/Themes/default/languages/Breeze.english.php (generic_menu_sidebar_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 291

Is this mod still being supported?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Since this mod doesn't edit GenericMenu.template.php (and the with-eval statement is just lies which is why it says "eval?"), it's not this mod...

Sir Osis of Liver

Crap, that's what I was afraid of.  Now I'll have to back them out one at a time until I get the bugger.  No doubt it'll be the last one. >:(

GenericMenu.template.php is core, hasn't been modded (we started with clean install).  Replaced it anyway from upgrade package, same problem. ???

- R. Waters

Arantor

The undefined errors are because something has mis-configured the admin menu code (this is trivially easy to do by accident)

The syntax error is more troubling, but needs more info as to where and how.

Sir Osis of Liver

That's all it's giving me, no corresponding error in log.  Uninstalled Breeze, same errors, but now eval is referencing O'Hara Youtube Embed.  I'll have to uninstall the rest to find it.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Leave eval off, it lies in every case and only slows your site down. (It was a good idea in 2003 but the world has moved on.)

Bit concerned that you're not getting the real fatal error in some log somewhere.

Sir Osis of Liver

Less work to dump the install, uploading clean package now.

- R. Waters

1.1Nerd

I have been using this mod for years with great joy. I would like to display its output with the profile.template.php page that is when a user goes to another members profile it should display the conent of this mod.

Any advice on how to achieve this?

Thank you

Suki

Can you give some examples of what you want to achieve, maybe a screenshot of the page where you want the content to be displayed along with info about your theme and forum version.

1.1Nerd

Hello Suki,

thanks for your message.

I would like to display a members wall content on their profile page. So visiting their profile another member will see what recent actions they have done.

So that function from breece should be displayed in profile.template.php

Thank you

PS: Screenshots are fom SMF 1.1.23

Advertisement: