News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Breeze

Started by Suki, March 21, 2014, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

I'm sorry, dunno how to fix it, perhaps it is my browser but at the time the data is passed to Breeze the content is already messed up.  Don't even know how to properly test this, I cannot write Russian letters and copy/pasting will not work.

I changed all the files encoding to windows 1251 and set my browser the same but still no luck, by the time the value gets picked up its already messed up.

I'm not that familiar with encodings and all that stuff.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

ZerK

i remember once having a problem with the characters like that and i couldnt finx it in the bd, what i did was censor it in the admin and replace it with the html entity of the character.

if the comment are censored using the censortext function it should work.

ZerK

i cant test it but you can try with something like this no ?

mb_convert_encoding($string, "Windows-1251", "utf-8");

or otherwise if the data is saved in utf8 and you want to convert it to 1251

mb_convert_encoding($string, "utf-8", "Windows-1251");

vladok

My charset  to DB is OK: http://www.newsdozor.ru/imhost/image.php?di=D7SQ
But data to DB not ok: part of the data - cp1251, part - UTF8
See: http://www.newsdozor.ru/imhost/image.php?di=JS68

Suki

You could try encoding all the files inside Sources/Breeze folder to Windows 2151 and also couldn't hurt adding:

accept-charset="'. $context['character_set']. '"  to the forms on /themes/default/Breeze.template and BreezeFunctions.template

Other than that, I have no idea and I don't even know how to properly test this either.

Does this happen to every user or just to some users?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

vladok

This happens to all users :(
If I (or another user) open a new topic on its wall- all ok. The problem begins when commenting.
Ok, thank you very much :) I need some time for testing.

Semetery

Quote from: Suki on June 16, 2014, 09:43:54 AM
A link to a profile page would help.  This mod checks if there is an instance of jquery already and only loads it if it doesn't, sadly, most mod authors just don't do that.

Another possible issue is some other mod incorrectly stuffing $context['html_headers'].

I'm very late to reply, but here's a link to the profile: http://midnightspookhouse.com/community/index.php?action=profile;u=2 [nofollow]

My previous message was about the layout being strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd love to get this working. :)

Suki

Guest can't see profile pages, would you create a demo regular account for me to see that profile.

Semetery

Sure thing, here you go:

Username: Suki
Password: 123456

Thanks!

Suki

Yaeh, it looks like some sloppy mod author casually forgot how to use $context['html_headers'] and how to append your own content to it...

Can you list the mods you had installed?

Semetery

Sure, here's the list:

Thumbnail Topic Mod
Quick Reply Reposition Mod    
Like Posts   
Social Login   
Recent Forum Topics Boardindex   
NiceTooltips   
Spoiler BBCode
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Tabbed Categories
Remove Help From Menu   
Add Facebook Like, Tweet, and Google +1
Simple .htaccess Cache Mod   
SMF Gallery Lite

And Breeze, of course.

Thanks for your help. :)

drfun

Thanks for this mod, this mod will for ever change the way smf forum is been looked upon.
Nice work, God bless your coding skill  :-*
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

sayl3r

how i can get everyone`s last status,i wanna show the last status instead of signature !
:|

Suki

Theres currnetly no way to get the latest status, maybe I should write a quick method for it,  thing is, status can be pretty long and won't be pretty to add them after a post, could be confusing.

For Breeze 1.1 I'm implementing a "my mood" feature which will be included on the posting area by default.

sayl3r

i want just show the status not the comments.

is there any way to limit the status characters and lines?

Suki

Since the status uses BBC parsed as HTML nop, you will end up with chopped HTML fragments all over the place that will break your page.

If you cut the body before been parsed you will end up with broken BBC tags that will not parse correctly.

I can show you how, even build a custom query for you but I don't have time to code all that is required to show the last status as it will require a few edits on Display and display.template

sayl3r

Quote from: Suki on July 26, 2014, 09:40:47 AM
Since the status uses BBC parsed as HTML nop, you will end up with chopped HTML fragments all over the place that will break your page.

If you cut the body before been parsed you will end up with broken BBC tags that will not parse correctly.
what if i disable BBC parse?
and what if prevent user from submitting many lines and characters before submit the status?
Quote from: Suki on July 26, 2014, 09:40:47 AM
I can show you how, even build a custom query for you but I don't have time to code all that is required to show the last status as it will require a few edits on Display and display.template
i will Be grateful if U build the query.

Tonyvic

Hi,
I am having trouble with 'Mentions', the dropdown does not appear at all.
I am using SMF 2.0.8 and PHP version 5.4.25
I have tried with IE 11 and Firefox 31.0

The mentions feature is enabled in the Main Breeze Admin Center, also the Membergroups permissions I am testing with are 'Allowed' to mention and appear on the mention list.

There are no other 'Mentions' Mods installed, any help would be appreciated.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Nice mod Suki. I always like smf to improve its profile page to something like this social mod. Keep it up.

Suki

Quote from: Tonyvic on August 04, 2014, 06:31:35 AM
Hi,
I am having trouble with 'Mentions', the dropdown does not appear at all.
I am using SMF 2.0.8 and PHP version 5.4.25
I have tried with IE 11 and Firefox 31.0

The mentions feature is enabled in the Main Breeze Admin Center, also the Membergroups permissions I am testing with are 'Allowed' to mention and appear on the mention list.

There are no other 'Mentions' Mods installed, any help would be appreciated.

Must be some JS error, chances are some other mod broke it.
Since this is becoming a recurrent issue, I will modify the code not to depend on $context['html headers'] for loading the necessary JS files as a lot of mod authors simply doesn't use that var properly.

Will take a look at it when I have some time.

Advertisement: