News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Started by Paffman, March 22, 2014, 05:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paffman

Hi all,

I have done a search, but could not find my answer.

I have just created a new forum and when you first go to it you see the 'New' icon next to the new posts. When I click one one, read it and  use the back button on my browser the same topic still says it is new. Is the correct? I'm sure that on other forums when you return to the unread posts, the one you have just read is not there?

Is it me  ;)

Thanks in advance...

Bobby

You've have read it! It still shows "new" because forum cache and you use back button! Try to refresh page or clear forum cache, clean browser history...

Paffman

Thanks for that Bobby. But on another SMF forum, when you go back to the unread topics, the one you have just read has gone. But not on my SMF. I'm just thinking that I have missed a tick box in the settings somewhere?

Bobby

You can change this in ACP --> Server Settings --> Cookies and Sessions --> Allow browsers to go back to cached pages
But you should keep it because it's good for server by saving your bandwidth!

Paffman

Quote from: Bobby on March 22, 2014, 09:36:34 AM
You can change this in ACP --> Server Settings --> Cookies and Sessions --> Allow browsers to go back to cached pages
But you should keep it because it's good for server by saving your bandwidth!

Thanks for that, seems to have done the trick. I'll keep an eye on the bandwidth usage.

Advertisement: