Where is the "New posts in topic" button/icon/option?

Started by Black Tiger, March 27, 2014, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

I'm missing something or can't find it.

Normally when I clicked on a thread title (in vB), the forum automatically took me to the last post/reply I read within that topic.
On phpBB i've seen a little icon for that.

I'm missing this in SMF.
When I click a thread title, it just shows me the first post in that thread, no matter if I already read it or not. No problem there.
But if I click the "last post" icon, completely to the right, it just takes me to the last post in the thread, skipping all other unread reply's in that thread.

Where is the function to only take me to the last post/reply read within a thread?

I don't want to do this via profile or something, there should be a possibility in the threadlist (index.php?board=xx).
Am I missing something or does SMF not have this important function?
Greetings, Black Tiger

margarett

When you click the last post option, it takes you there, last post.

If you click the "new" orange image (in default theme) it will take you to the first unread post in that topic.

When you click in a topic title, it takes you to the beginning of said topic.

Is there any of those parts missing to you?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Black Tiger

QuoteIf you click the "new" orange image (in default theme) it will take you to the first unread post in that topic.
Aha, it's that one. From most other forum software I'm used to have it somewhere else, so I couldn't find it. Now I did.

It still takes some getting used to with SMF, but I will get there.;)

Thank you!
Greetings, Black Tiger

Advertisement: