members missing after upgrade

Started by gigashiga, April 02, 2014, 03:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigashiga

I have recently moved host and upgraded my smf forum in the same process
but unfortunately I have also lost most of my members in the database

do I need to reinstall smf ? or I can just do the database work once again?

my forum had 242000 members earlier now it has approx 12000 members  only

please help

most of my members posts are shown as guests
please help

margarett

You should try the maintenance tasks. But, as I told you in the other topic, those records are not in the database and, as such, you should really consider the restore of your 1.1.19 backup...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

gigashiga

Yes now only i have noticed the amount of missing members

I have installed xxamp on my computer and doing a test restore on my computer

gigashiga

well I am not able to import my database it is 200 mb in size.

margarett

Use some staggered import tools. Eg: bigdump.php http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/
Or command-line if you have access to it (on XAMPP you do ;) )

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

gigashiga

Quote from: gigashiga on April 02, 2014, 03:06:40 AM
I have recently moved host and upgraded my smf forum in the same process
but unfortunately I have also lost most of my members in the database

do I need to reinstall smf ? or I can just do the database work once again?

my forum had 242000 members earlier now it has approx 12000 members  only

please help

most of my members posts are shown as guests
please help

not able to do anything now members are 10800  ( lost 1200 since this post was made)

instead or updating database ( many new posts have been added
can i simply copy source files once again? from full installation?

db i will let it go

margarett

You don't need to touch the sources, only database is worthwhile to investigate.

TBH, I find this situation quite strange...
Quotemy forum had 242000 members earlier
Quotemy database it is 200 mb in size.
These 2 sentences dont't match. 242.000 members in only 200Mb, even if most of them had 0 posts, would be strange...

Quotenot able to do anything now members are 10800  ( lost 1200 since this post was made)
What? How? :o
Members don't just disappear...

The more you let the situation go, the worst it gets... Take your forum down NOW! So that no more new content is added. The, I suggest this:
* Check the original database. Does it have all members?
* It doesn't? --> You already started the wrong away, check the database first.
* It does? By parts:
1 - try the conversion again, and check the results. The conversion script should *never* cripple your data.
2 - After successful conversion, go to your running forum (where the new data was added), BACKUP and delete *ALL* data added until the conversion (posts, topics, users, you, name it). Now you have 2 databases: one with content until the conversion and one with content after the conversion
3 - Use the "mergeSMF" script to bring them together.

It's the only way I feel this can work out. But, anyway, the important is that you discover why you lost data in the first place. In my opinion, your original database was already damaged: it was too small for the content that you say it should have...

Angelina Belle

Gigshiga,

When you backed up your database before moving to the new host, what tool did you use for the backup?
Have a look at the end of the SQL file you got from your backup.  What do the last few lines look like?
Basically, I am asking you to check if your database backup included everything from your old database.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

gigashiga

I still have my old hosting account and db there.
I used phpadmin > export for backup

now in the old db
I used SELECT count(*) FROM tablename
and I got

count(*)    

and when I go to the last row (9680) last record then ID_member is 242015

I have installed xamp on local computer but was not able to import the db even after couple of trials :(

will try it again today

margarett

If the last row is 9680 then you can't have 20000 members :o

gigashiga

9680 X 25= 242000

now If i use cpanel to take backup of the db
then i can not restore it on my xamp

however i used export
and command line restore

db has been restored successfully

Collation = latin1_swedish_ci

rows are same for all the tables in the db

now when i execute forum i get this error 
Fatal error: Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\index.php on line 68

I have crossed checked db local host and on old host are exact same.

thanks in advance

margarett

I still don't understand your math because I don't know where you get that 25 which you're multiplying, but doesn't matter, the important is that the database is restored :)

Now you want to convert it to 2.0, right? So load the "large upgrade" package and go for it ;)

gigashiga

sorry i used the wrong word it should be "last page" not "row"
and 25 rows in each page

and sorry again i was trying to run my old forum and it was not working yes i will try large upgrade package and update you

gigashiga

installation errors

Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 452
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_info in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 453
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_server in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 457
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_server_info in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 460
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_username in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 463
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_username_info in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 466
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_password in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 469
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_password_info in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 472
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_database in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 475
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_database_info in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 478
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_prefix in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 481
Notice: Undefined index: mysql_settings_prefix_info in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 484

Kindred

do you have a Settings.php file in your forum directory?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gigashiga

Yes I do have it and it has all the correct information stored in it 

I still tried to continue filling all the information in the text box provided

but then I get another error.

Notice: Undefined index: error_mysql_queries in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 817

Notice: Undefined index: error_mysql_queries_line in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\install.php on line 822
563: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(14) /*!40102 NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP */,' at line 3
Click here to try this step again.

when i tried again then it was not able to get the values from settings files and I have to reenter these values

and i got the same error as in previous post.

I also tried posting wrong values to see if setting files gets edited and it does get modified so it is able to write on that file but may e not getting information from that file?

Kindred

Install.php does not get information from settings.php.
That is the whole point of an INSTALL...  To write that file.

If you already have the database and the settings file, then why are you running install?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gigashiga

okay

I had to run upgrade

and now i did it and i am getting this error

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_progress in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\upgrade.php on line 3488

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\upgrade.php on line 3493
    1: Login

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\upgrade.php on line 3493
    2: Upgrade Options

3: Backup

4: Database Changes

5: Delete Upgrade

and these
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_overall_progress in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\upgrade.php on line 3502

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_elapsed in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\upgrade.php on line 3527
: 0
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_mins in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\upgrade.php on line 3528
, 2
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_secs in C:\xampp\htdocs\icf1\upgrade.php on line 3528

margarett

You are missing language strings. Make sure that you're using English (edit Settings.php if necessary) and that all the large upgrade was loaded. Also check for correct permissions in the files. Those strings are present in install.english.php

Advertisement: