Forum Down - Cannot ACCESS It At All - PLEASE HELP :-(

Started by ThePosterForum, April 08, 2014, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePosterForum

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't delete it - the member "Krash." did it for me as my forum stopped working.
I didn't want to PM them as I don't wish to annoy anyone.

kat

Righty-ho...

Quote from: K@ on April 12, 2014, 10:51:10 AMTry using FTP, to upload the package/archive into your Packages directory and see if you can uninstall it, then.

I'd qualify that, though, by adding "Backup everything first!"

Sir Osis of Liver

Believe I left the mods in /Packages/, but restoring the backup removed them from templates and source files, so they're effectively uninstalled.  Just delete them from /Packages/ if they're still there, download and install current versions.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

remember --   2.0.x uses the DATABASE to determine what is installed....   so, if you did not set the database value to uninstalled, then the system still thinks the mods are installed, even if the edits are undone and the files are deleted
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Kindred

not sure what the system will do if it thinks that you already have a version installed
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Then you'd have to go into smf_log_packages and change install_state to '0', or delete the row.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: