Red X instead of image in some Browsers?

Started by slider11111, April 12, 2014, 12:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider11111

I am using SMF 2.0.7. Using Google Chrome all the images(avatar and signature) are displayed correctly. When I use Firefox some are displayed correctly and some signatures have (Sorry you are not allowed to view this file. Make sure you are connected to the server.) instead of the images. When using Explorer there are alot of Red x's in the avatars. and in the signature it says Sorry you are not allowed to view this file. Make sure you are connected to the server. And one of the signatures using Firefox says Sorry you are not allowed to view this file. Make sure you are connected to the server.  The snip was taken using Explorer which is the worst.  The signature is a Gif File see attachment. Whats the problem?

kat

Right-click on one of the red crosses and select "Copy image address".

If you paste that, somewhere, it'll tell you where the image is supposed to be.

If the images are where they're supposed to be (In the "Avatars" directory? "Attachments?"), are they read-enabled? Is the directory they're in read-enabled, too?

Got a link to a page, where we, as guests, can see this happening (Or, rather, not)?

slider11111

Here is a Link  http://www.huntfishnw.com/index.php?topic=1.0  I belive the Gif image in the signature is in his folder in his Gallery.

kat

huntnphool's avatar is showing, perfectly, for me, using Opera v12, Opera v20, Firefox, PaleMoon, Waterfox, K-Meleon, IE 11x64 (Spit!) and Iron (Chrome without the privacy hassles).

Soooo... Has anyone else noticed this? Or, is it just you?

As for his sig, I suspect the pic's in a gallery and the gallery's permissions, or those on the file, itself, are stopping it from showing.

slider11111

slider11111

Kindred

rotfl...   ummm.... it would appear that that IS the image...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cutter65

huntnphool needs to change the permissions for the folder where he has that image stored in Aeva Media Gallery. That is why no one can see it. They don't have permission. Its in a private album folder.

slider11111

I checked his settings and he has read set to reguler members for that folder.  Everything was working as far as the images in 2.0.6 but when I upgraded to 2.0.7 is when the Red x's started appearing?

mashby

Is the browser being used for IE, IE8? Are the images saved in CMYK format? If so, that's the expected behavior. Without being able to see the images in question, it's extremely hard to troubleshoot.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

slider11111

I moved the image to photobucket and then put it in his signature and now it works with IE and Firefox. No Red x's in Chrome or Firefox but they show up in IE. Everything worked with 2.0.6 but when we upgraded to 2.0.7 the image problems started.

mashby

Can you provide a link to the image in photobucket?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kindred

yes, a10... it is exactly that issue... and, as mashby said, it is actually expected.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

slider11111

Should I remove this code? 

Code: [Select]
header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

from your index.php file.

slider11111

The avatar images's that display correctly in IE are PNG files. The one's with red x's are jpeg.

Kindred

yes. exactly...

The fix is NOT to remove the security protocol... but rather to update the database of attachments and avatars...

I think that someone made a little script to update  the db
Слaва
Украинi

slider11111

Well thats good news if I could get the script to update it?

Advertisement: