News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

My forum in frames

Started by EliteClicks, April 12, 2014, 12:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliteClicks

Hello!
Please help me I want to place my website in frame like Iframes and in Paid to Click advertising frames.
Now it doesn't work..
Please tell me how to edit, so that my website can be place in frames.

mashby

Simply put, not a good idea. Don't do it.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

EliteClicks

Quote from: mashby on April 12, 2014, 12:50:15 PM
Simply put, not a good idea. Don't do it.
But I want to advertise my website..

mashby

That's completely different. Your ads can certainly and should link to your site, but why are you wanting to put the whole site in an ad/iframe?!?
- James M. Barrie

EliteClicks

Quote from: mashby on April 12, 2014, 01:11:56 PM
That's completely different. Your ads can certainly and should link to your site, but why are you wanting to put the whole site in an ad/iframe?!?

I want to advertise my site in PTC sites [paid to click]
Please help me.  I want to place it frames.

mashby

And again, make an image representing your site...your logo would be a good candidate. Make the link go to your forum. Perhaps I'm not understanding your question, but you originally asked about putting your site in an iframe and that's highly discouraged. And now I think you want to pay for ads on other sites. Do you have an example of one of those ads? :)
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

loading your site in an iframe -- especially an iframe calling your site form a different domain is actually specifically DENIED as a security measure.

Aside from that -- it generally would not work right in an iframe without some fairly massive changes
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

EliteClicks

Quote from: mashby on April 12, 2014, 01:23:04 PM
And again, make an image representing your site...your logo would be a good candidate. Make the link go to your forum. Perhaps I'm not understanding your question, but you originally asked about putting your site in an iframe and that's highly discouraged. And now I think you want to pay for ads on other sites. Do you have an example of one of those ads? :)

Hello!
Here's example.Details on image.
If you still have doubt please tell me..

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 12, 2014, 03:25:10 PM
loading your site in an iframe -- especially an iframe calling your site form a different domain is actually specifically DENIED as a security measure.

Aside from that -- it generally would not work right in an iframe without some fairly massive changes

In other words... no....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mashby

Adding to what Kindred has stated and really what I've asked, is Frame 2 just an image with a link to your site? What site is this iframe on? A link would be preferred over blurred out screenshots, too.
- James M. Barrie

EliteClicks

Quote from: mashby on April 13, 2014, 10:29:39 AM
Adding to what Kindred has stated and really what I've asked, is Frame 2 just an image with a link to your site? What site is this iframe on? A link would be preferred over blurred out screenshots, too.
So you advise me to just put my site's screen shot and this will be safer right?

mashby

I'll ask one more time...where is this ad/link thing going? Also, it's nice outside, so I'll be gone for a few hours. Further responses will be delayed.
- James M. Barrie

EliteClicks

Quote from: mashby on April 13, 2014, 01:34:11 PM
I'll ask one more time...where is this ad/link thing going? Also, it's nice outside, so I'll be gone for a few hours. Further responses will be delayed.
Hello!
I will explain you clearly
Example: Let the name be SITE1
Millions of users uses SITE1
those users view ads for a specific time and that time will be  counted and as on the image and then the user will be credited certain amount for viewing that site. Actually that ad was advertised by by another users like me.
The site will be visible in the second frame [Frame 2] as I blurred that site.
I want to advertise the site in that sit. My will be just visible in that Frame 2. Users can navigate by the options in my forum.

Did you got my point?

Sir Osis of Liver

As explained above, if you try to place your working forum in an iframe, bad things will happen.  What mashby suggested is your best option.  Put an image in the frame - your logo, a screenshot of your forum, an animation - that links to the forum. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

EliteClicks

Quote from: Krash. on April 14, 2014, 12:52:04 AM
As explained above, if you try to place your working forum in an iframe, bad things will happen.  What mashby suggested is your best option.  Put an image in the frame - your logo, a screenshot of your forum, an animation - that links to the forum.

Can I know the evil effects of site placing in an Iframe..
Please see what I need in my above reply..

mashby

I'll ask one last time and if I don't get this answered, I'm outta this topic. What is SITE1?!? They must provide guidance on placing ads on SITE1. I am not sure why you would put an ad for a site as an iframe inside an entirely different site.
- James M. Barrie

emanuele

mashby: "several" ad and aggregators (yeah, apparently they still exist) sites load "target" sites into an (i)frame in order to provide ads.

For example:
http://oknotizie.virgilio.it/categoria/scienze_e_tecnologie (sorry, it's the first that came to my mind because I had to deal with it for Italian support).

If you click on any of the links, you will be redirected to something like:
http://oknotizie.virgilio.it/go.php?us=41d4c8d0bbb10634
This page is just a pair of frames that load the site reporting the news with advertisement from the oknotizie site.
Then, if you click on the light grey "x" at the top right the frame disappears and the original page is properly loaded.

This doesn't work with SMF since 2.0.6 I think (i.e. when the frameheaders was added).
It doesn't need *a lot* of work to remove it, just comment out a line. It puts you and your users in a potentially unsafe situation.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

oh...   he could remove the security line that prevents iframe loading...

However, he'll still have issues with sessions and several other things that people who have tried to use iframes have complained about over the years.

basically -- there are much better ways to put ads on your forum
Слaва
Украинi

NanoSector

Why not design a special HTML page to put in those ad provider things?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

margarett

Or other idea: how about to create a static image of the forum index, like once an hour with a scheduled task
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8745467/programatically-create-image-from-web-page-or-a-single-div

Then have that image pointed in that service? It would serve pretty much the same purpose ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: