News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Spam protection, AntiSpam, FireWall by CleanTalk (no Captcha/reCaptcha)

Started by psrustik, April 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fondlyPiranha

Quote from: psrustik on May 29, 2014, 11:38:19 PM

Hi!
Cleantalk protection for new topic/post will be in the next release.

If you know PHP, SMF API you may be use https://github.com/CleanTalk/php-antispam [nofollow]
and not wait our release.

Thanks a lot foryour hint, i think i would be able to integrate php-antispam without problem into my own projects but not into SMF - i have no time to explore and study the SMF API - so i willwait for your integration in next version.
What do you think, when i can figure on catching all  the forum spam  using clean talk?

psrustik

Quote from: fondlyPiranha on June 04, 2014, 07:43:19 AM
Quote from: psrustik on May 29, 2014, 11:38:19 PM

Hi!
Cleantalk protection for new topic/post will be in the next release.

If you know PHP, SMF API you may be use https://github.com/CleanTalk/php-antispam
and not wait our release.

Thanks a lot foryour hint, i think i would be able to integrate php-antispam without problem into my own projects but not into SMF - i have no time to explore and study the SMF API - so i willwait for your integration in next version.
What do you think, when i can figure on catching all  the forum spam  using clean talk?

Hi!
CleanTalk protection in the SMF topics/posts - in our immediate plans for this plugin.

RSI

This is by far the best Anti-Spam security mod anyone has ever done. I've had it installed since day one and its bullet proof. I even subscribed to the service for the $8 a year.

You don't need anything else installed except this one.

psrustik

Quote from: fondlyPiranha on May 26, 2014, 06:08:04 PM
Hi where, it is a nice proper working feature. (SMF 2.0.7)

I'm now interested to use it not only for the registration form.
what i can do to become cleantalk protection for other forms usable for guests?

New topic / reply
contact form

thanks for help
Hi all!

We released new version v1.20 with spam protection for new topic/reply for guests or newly registered members.

johngranlet

This mod is awesome, we didn't renew the license for a couple of days and the spam bots attempted to to get in a couple hundred times in those 2 days, the constant emails to let me know really helped me decide to renew also ;)

Overall a great mod that works.
worth the license fee ( $8 for a year is more then worth it )

7 out of 5 stars.

General Xbox Gaming

I brought 1 year the same day I installed this. $8 is a fare price and the level of protection is superb. If you don't want a messy forum, this is for you.

I'm happy to use this because I was banning accounts daily. Before I installed this and the first couple of hours it had already blocked 7 attempts.

5/5 Stars for this mod.

joeben

Very powerful Spam protection. For the forum user it's invisible and there is also a good support by the author.

5 ouf ot 5 stars for this mod.

orionsoft

This mod is good. After I've got this mod installed spammers almost stopped bothering me.

5 of 5 stars.

Carol Steele

I started off with some other forum software for my site and after a very short space of time I was spending virtually all day just rejecting registration by spammers, so in the end I looked around and found the Simple Machines software and replaced the previous forums with it.  A few days later, the spammers had found the new forums and started trying to register again - and then I found CleanTalk.  The initial few weeks after installing showed that all the spam applications were being blocked and all the real membership applications were being let through.
Over recent months the number of applications for membership from spammers has dropped to zero as I imagine that they have realised that they simply cannot get past CleanTalk.
It's fabulous that I now know that if I do get an application through in my email, I know that it is genuine and saves me a lot of work blocking everybody.  Must be one of the best software purchases I have made at just an $8 a year subscription fee.

valek0972

Excellent fashions, excellent defence, set and about spamers forgot.
I put 5 / 5 stars

TRR

Definitely all 5 stars for me. I am running this on more than one forum now and could not be happier. I think maybe 2 spammers have slipped thru and obviously small timers. Currently blocking an average of 100 spammers a month for the last year.

AlexRazoR

New version 1.21

In the new version 1.21 added protection for the form of "quick reply".

nomorepolitics

After trying dozens of apps to stop spam bots with no success I tried CleanTalk using their trial period and found it to be fabulous - even as suggested turned off captcha and questions and this little charmer stopped over 16 bots just over night.  I went back this morning and signed up for the 3 domain for a year pack (some extra months if purchased before March 10) for only $16 which is a complete bargain. 

I am very happy to have found CleanTalk and highly recommend it - nothing else is needed when using this service. 

All the best
Ron
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

aperseghin

I Have had lots of antispam software through the years but this is the absolute least hassle and most effective method i have ever used. No spambots, No spam signups, No checking to see if a user is real, No Captcha, No nonsense.

IT JUST WORKS !   

AlexRazoR

Quote from: aperseghin on March 03, 2015, 12:43:19 PM

I Have had lots of antispam software through the years but this is the absolute least hassle and most effective method i have ever used. No spambots, No spam signups, No checking to see if a user is real, No Captcha, No nonsense.

IT JUST WORKS !   

Thank you very much for your time to leave this feedback! We will do our best to keep spam bots away.

boerbokrib

Hi Had months of hassles and now using clean talk and it has sorted itself out.

Loving it

RSI

Yeah, its still the best anti-spam thing anyone has ever come up with.

Attached below is the activity on my board and its keeps getting better and better. The bots are giving up.

Hopefully they will update it as soon as SMF v2.1 comes out.

nomorepolitics

Fantastic, wonderful, simple, most efficient and a super duper value - a must have that works with many forums and CMS's - ten thumbs up!

you gotta check it out
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

dedo

Best antispam, no captcha no puzzles or other accessibility issues.

One thousand bots blocked per week on my forum.

walker

This is what I've been waiting for. Very Nice.

Can I use the same key for my wordpress site?

Advertisement: