Spam protection, AntiSpam, FireWall by CleanTalk (no Captcha/reCaptcha)

Started by psrustik, April 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shagimuratov

Thank you for feedback. Please let us a few days to figure out this issue.

We will write you back as finish.

Freddy888

I've been using this on Wordpress for some time and it's works great.

Now I have set up a new SMF forum I was pleased to see you have a mod for us :)

Many thanks, five stars here too !

psrustik

Hello!
I found checkSession() function only for that in 2.0. Should I use it or there are some other functions?

By the way - is's strange that CMS requires using security checking in modiles instead of doing it itself.

Quote from: qc on May 06, 2016, 06:49:56 PM
Before installing your mod, I checked the source code and noticed that you have no CSRF protection in place and do not seem to use the one provided by SMF.

E. g. sending a POST request with ct_del_user[user_id] = 1 will delete the user with the given user_id if the current session belongs to an administrator. Since no CSRF token is being checked for in function cleantalk_load(), a malicious user could trick an administrator to visit a manipulated website that might just perform aforementioned request within the administrator's browser's context and thus delete any user.

Could someone of you with valid API key for this mod confirm?

Debbie3

so far it seems to be working great! We have had no more spam posts since I installed it.
Thanks for a great mod.

Mr Salt

CleanTalk is the best spam protection period. I searched and searched after my forum was flooded with thousands of spam post created by spam bots. After getting CleanTalk I don't even need a registration emails for my forums and have not seen a single spam post after setting up CleanTalk. The set up was very easy and they have a plugin/mod for almost any application.

qc

Has the critical security issue been fixed?
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

znaeff

Yes.
You can download it here hxxp:cleantalk.org/install?platform=smf [nonactive]

fondlyPiranha

I give 10 of 10 ......

since more than 2 years using this app 100% satisfaction

1. no more stress with forum spam and other stressers
2. progressive development process in each version step
3. easy to modify for other forms eg gallery comments

kluchitut

Some good words about this Antispam CleanTalk that is used on our forum for some years:

1. No spam anymore since we have joined this service
2. Many bonuses that can be used to extend the subscription
3. Easy to handle CleanTalk mod
4 A friendly support that always is ready to help you in fast way.

AlexRazoR

Hello!

CleanTalk added some features:

1. Added an ability to use stop words to block users whose nicknames contain certain words. This will allow you to use the service to block users with obscene or containing advertising nicknames.

2. We've added an ability to filter email addresses by a mask.

Symbol asterisk "*" means any set of characters.

Examples:

• name*@example.com (all e-mail addresses with any set of characters after "name" will be blocked).
  • *[email protected] (all e-mail addresses with any set of characters before "aa44" will be blocked).
  • *kkk*vvv*@example.com (all e-mail addresses with any set of characters before "kkk", before "vvv" and after "vvv" will be blocked).

And so on, you can use any combinations of characters and asterisks to make a mask.

Instructions how to use the personal blacklists can be found here hxxp:cleantalk.org/help/blacklist-usage [nonactive]

andsim

SickSM

I have been using this mod for a while now and its very effective.
I am using a cheap shared hosting plan so my cpu kai i/o usage has dropped significantly. I also have identified the addresses that were spamming me since forever.
And since no anti-captcha methods are used, i get no emails from newbies saying they cant register on my forum. So i am fairly satisfied. 10 star from me.

Sethv2

Is there a way to disable requiring administrator approval for new members on smf? I have the option set to immediate approval and registration is immediate before installing the mod. When I have this mod installed though, it forces users to wait for administration approval.

pocttopus

Quote from: Sethv2 on May 11, 2017, 03:38:00 PM
Is there a way to disable requiring administrator approval for new members on smf? I have the option set to immediate approval and registration is immediate before installing the mod. When I have this mod installed though, it forces users to wait for administration approval.
No, this mod puts new members on waiting for approval. You must remove/uninstall this mod if you want your new members to have immediate approval of registration. But in the same time you will be not protected.

BiGBLiZZ

I like this mod. It's nice.  Few concerns...

1) I have activation set to email activation. I know this mod cuts off immediate activation of new, real guests, will it do the same for email activation as well? I don't want to check every day to allow those that registered while I was away. They should have access as soon as they click the link in their email.

2) and more important... I have email notification of new members turned off. My forum runs 3 admins. none of us, including myself, yet after installing this mod we are getting the emails once again. I have checked all settings and nothing has changed except the install of this mod. Yet, there is no way to turn off email notifications, again. Unless I am missing something.

If I can't disable the email notification of new members, I will have to disable the mod.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

badtrout

alhudah_1

Antispam by CleanTalk Mod is very effective.
i am happy i finally found mod to stop spammer etc
Antispam by CleanTalk Mod you're the best
i gives you all available stars
5 stars or even more or all star for you.
thanks

desertcities

I'm really blown away by what an excellent job CleanTalk does in preventing spammers and hackers.  For less than $10 a year you can get this service that also has a fantastic firewall option.  I mean this mod really does what it says!  I highly recommend it.

How It Works
Unlike other anti-spam solutions, CleanTalk SpamFireWall is able to reduce the load placed on your existing web server. The reporting allows administrators to control the process and to be sure of the accuracy of the work.

Our servers use the cloud based technology of all web sites to fight spam.

The visitor enters to your web site.

HTTP request data is checked of the nearly 2 million of certain IP spam bots.  If it is an active spam bot, it will get a blank page, if it is a visitor then it proceeds to the site. That is completely transparent to the visitors.

Parameters are written to the log which can be viewed in the CleanTalk Dashboard.

Using your CleanTalk Dashboard is actually fun to view.  You can see exactly why an IP or email address was flagged as spam.  Use their interactive world map if you want.  Very cool.

The number one thing that plagued my SMF sites before were the spambots and hackers.  Now with CleanTalk, I got a real fighting chance to stop them at the door before doing any damage that would normally take me hours to fix.

Thank you!

zibby

Quote from: psrustik on April 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM
Link to Mod

MOD Anti Spam by CleanTalk
Version: 2.12

Anti-Spam by CleanTalk mod with protection against spam bots and manual spam.
No Captcha, no questions, no counting animals, no puzzles, no math.

Great job    - 5 stars

luxint

I installed the mod a few months ago and have been testing it since.

I've had a few forums over the years and have tried a few solutions for spam and this is by far the best solution I've ever seen.

I used to have to spend a few minutes every day deleting 100's of autobot comments and removing spam users, but now it's all handled automatically.

Highly recommended.

Lux

Advertisement: