Spam protection, AntiSpam, FireWall by CleanTalk (no Captcha/reCaptcha)

Started by psrustik, April 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dztzy

After the 2.15 update there's no Mod Settings zone available.

Yarik1980

I want to appeal to the Forum Administrator.
You know that the developers of this modification spread the updates without even testing them ? And then when do users find in the update errors they delete this update?

Gryzor

Hello!

I just installed it after yesterday's update and it seems to be working otherwise (no spam attacks yet so not sure), but I'm encountering a big problem:

At the beginning of each page I'm getting this block of text:

// CleanTalk messages begin $txt['cleantalk_name'] = 'Antispam by CleanTalk'; $txt['cleantalk_settings'] = 'Antispam by CleanTalk Mod settings'; $txt['cleantalk_api_key'] = 'Access key'; $txt['cleantalk_get_access_manually'] = 'Get access key manually'; $txt['cleantalk_get_access_key_or'] = 'or'; $txt['cleantalk_get_access_automatically'] = 'Get access key automatically'; $txt['cleantalk_license_agreement'] = 'License agreement'; $txt['cleantalk_key_valid'] = 'Access key is valid'; $txt['cleantalk_key_not_valid'] = 'Access key is not valid!'; $txt['cleantalk_get_statistics'] = 'Click here to get anti-spam statistics'; $txt['cleantalk_admin_email_will_be_used'] = 'Admin e-mail (%s) will be used for registration'; $txt['cleantalk_first_post_checking'] = 'Enable antispam test for first post on board for Newly registered members'; $txt['cleantalk_api_key_description'] = 'Extension home page: http://cleantalk.org'; $txt['cleantalk_logging'] = 'Enable logging'; $txt['cleantalk_logging_postinput'] = 'All plugin\'s actions will be added to the forum\'s log. (Admin -> Error log)'; $txt['cleantalk_tell_others'] = 'Tell others about CleanTalk'; $txt['cleantalk_tell_others_postinput'] = 'Checking this box places a small link in the footer that lets others know what anti-spam tool protects your site.'; $txt['cleantalk_tell_others_footer_message'] = 'SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk'; $txt['cleantalk_sfw'] = 'Enable SpamFireWall'; $txt['cleantalk_sfw_postinput'] = 'This option allows to filter spam bots before they access website. Also reduces CPU usage on hosting server and accelerates pages load time.'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users'] = '%CLEANTALK_CHECK_USERS%'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_button'] = 'Check users for spam'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_button_after'] = 'Anti-spam by CleanTalk will check all users against blacklists database and show you senders that have spam activity on other websites.'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_key_is_bad'] = 'Can not access cloud database. Access key is bad.'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_nofound'] = 'No spam users found'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_select'] = 'Select'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_username_details'] = 'Details'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_joined'] = 'Registered'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_lastvisit'] = 'Last visit'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_posts'] = 'Posts'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_posts_show'] = 'Show'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_pages'] = 'Pages'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_done'] = 'Done. All users checked via blacklists database, see result below.'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_delselect'] = 'Delete selected'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_delall'] = 'Delete all'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_tbl_delnotice'] = 'All topics and posts of selected users will be deleted, too.'; $txt['cleantalk_check_users_confirm'] = 'Delete account(s) with their posts and topics?'; $txt['cleantalk_sfw_die_notice_ip'] = 'SpamFireWall is activated for your IP '; $txt['cleantalk_sfw_die_make_sure_js_enabled'] = 'To continue working with web site, please make sure that you have enabled JavaScript.'; $txt['cleantalk_sfw_die_click_to_pass'] = 'Please click bellow to pass protection,'; $txt['cleantalk_sfw_die_you_will_be_redirected'] = 'Or you will be automatically redirected to the requested page after 3 seconds.'; $txt['cleantalk_sfw_die_no_file'] = 'Your IP looks like spammer\'s IP'; $txt['cleantalk_banner_renew_1'] = 'Please, renew your anti-spam license for %s.'; $txt['cleantalk_banner_renew_2'] = 'next year'; $txt['cleantalk_banner_trial_1'] = 'Cleantalk\'s cloud service trial period ends, please upgrade to %s!'; $txt['cleantalk_banner_trial_2'] = 'Premium version'; $txt['cleantalk_banner_bad_key_1'] = 'Enter the Access Key in %s settings to enable anti-spam protection!'; $txt['cleantalk_banner_bad_key_2'] = 'CleanTalk\'s mod'; // CleanTalk messages end

Any idea where to check to fix it?

Thanks!

[EDIT] Hm, I found out that Modifications.english-utf8.php only contains this code and nothing else - no php begin/end tags. Would it be safe to delete the file?

digger

Quote from: zibby on October 15, 2017, 03:38:27 PM
Quote from: psrustik on April 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM
Link to Mod

Best Anti Spam software!
5 stars

Thank you >>>>>>> 5 stars
You will recieve your free months for that only once. There is no need to spam here any more.

Celestial

Using SMF 2.0.14, I updated my CleanTalk modification manually from 2.0 to 2.18 by uninstalling and then deleting the 2.0 version, then installing the 2.18 version.  Now my forum is getting a HTTP 500 error and no longer loads at all. 

Celestial

Okie, so, I went back to a backup I made just prior to uninstalling and deleting the CleanTalk 2.0 modification.  I tried the CleanTalk 2.16 modification this time.  Same thing.  Instant HTTP 500 error.  Here's the error log:

[18-Nov-2017 14:56:02 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare cleantalk_check_register() (previously declared in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/CleantalkMod.php:30) in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/cleantalkMod.php on line 78
[18-Nov-2017 14:56:19 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare cleantalk_check_register() (previously declared in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/CleantalkMod.php:30) in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/cleantalkMod.php on line 78
[18-Nov-2017 14:56:40 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare cleantalk_check_register() (previously declared in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/CleantalkMod.php:30) in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/cleantalkMod.php on line 78
[18-Nov-2017 14:56:43 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare cleantalk_check_register() (previously declared in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/CleantalkMod.php:30) in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/cleantalkMod.php on line 78
[18-Nov-2017 14:57:21 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare cleantalk_check_register() (previously declared in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/CleantalkMod.php:30) in /home/blah/public_html/Sources/cleantalk/cleantalkMod.php on line 78

FWIW, the server uses PHP 5.6.

Celestial

I apologize for the triple post, but I figured out the problem and thought I'd share FWIW.

The CleanTalk modification upgrade instructions [nofollow] are missing a step.  You need to uninstall the CleanTalk modification, delete it, and then delete the Sources/cleantalk directory (at least if you're upgrading from before version 2.10).  Only then can you properly install the new modification version.  Apparently the old CleanTalk modification version left behind some files that conflict with newer versions, and that caused the HTTP 500 error.

I hope that information helps someone else.

Yarik1980

Recently, a very bad
Does not allow to register to normal users.And there are a lot of such unsuccessful registrations. Disabled mod

mitek

All I know is I love this program and it works well within our forum. It has kept us from approving or activationg members that we do not wish to have in our midst. I thing its an especially useful and very cost conscious utility.

Ill use it from now on...

Mike
KCF Private Forum

Bear1968

Quote from: mitek on January 12, 2018, 02:54:41 AM
All I know is I love this program and it works well within our forum. It has kept us from approving or activationg members that we do not wish to have in our midst. I thing its an especially useful and very cost conscious utility.

Ill use it from now on...

Mike

That's what I was looking to hear! I have been getting slammed so much with SPAM lately even though I tried a few of the other Mods.  With mods running I was still deleting about a dozen users a day that made it past re-CAPTCHA, 3 security questions, Bad Behavior and Honeypot. I should probably add that a dozen is considerably less than I was getting before.
I will let give an honest review after a few weeks of use.

*Edit
One this I should mention is that Clean Talk flagged an existing member that was using a VPN just now after install. No big deal but I can understand how trying to register while on a VPN could maybe cause you some troubles.

Bear1968

It has been about 2 weeks and Spam Posts are dramatically down.  Before the install as stated in my last post I had to delete a dozen spammers a day that passed through the mod I was using. Over the past two weeks I had to deal with about 10 that passed through Clean Talk.
Not the miracle I was hoping for but the best so far.

wildenborch

I have installed Anti Spam by Cleantalk for more than 2 weeks now and it does what it should do. Stop spammers from registering. I have now turned off the extra questions, verification code and except two, all spam registrations are blocked. I also had to contact the help desk and they are very quick in replying and solving the issue(s).
So for me this is a great solution with a great support!

thrawn75

Amazing solution! I got rid of any captcha and stupid questions on my registration form.
Recommended #1!

icehawke

It's cut my spambot registrations to near zero. Still, a couple get in, but it's much easier to deal with 1 per week instead of 50 per day. 5*

General Xbox Gaming

I have Anti Spam by CleanTalk v1.60 but SMF doesn't have a uninstall option so I can to update to v2.21

I can't find documentation to roll back the changes to manually remove the mod.

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out. I installed v1.94 and then uninstalled it which removed all CleanTalk mod files and then v2.21 was able to install.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: General Xbox Gaming on June 02, 2018, 10:45:23 AM
I have Anti Spam by CleanTalk v1.60 but SMF doesn't have a uninstall option so I can to update to v2.21

I can't find documentation to roll back the changes to manually remove the mod.

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out. I installed v1.94 and then uninstalled it which removed all CleanTalk mod files and then v2.21 was able to install.
Can read How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version? to emulate the required version and uninstall. But there is the option to do it manually!

regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

swagnillaice

I've used this mod to protect 3 of my websites against spam and so far, it's the best one out there for SMF that I've used! Hats off to the CleanTalk team! :D :D :D 5/5 stars IMHO!

PenelopeQ

I received a message from a new poster who is receiving an error that references cleantalk. Here is the message.
QuoteHello. I posted a thread for the very first time.
I was able to post a couple replies to it yesterday, but today I keep receiving an error message. I've tried several different times.
This is the error message I'm getting.
It says something like cleantalk***forbidden. Please
enable javascript. Email seems to be a spammer.

Any ideas what is going on--since this is just one person on a board of hundreds?
I've listed my mods below.

1.   TopicStarter Mod   1.7     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   Topic & Board Note   1.0.3   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   SMFPacks Popup Pro Mod   1.0.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   Register At Post View v.1.1   1.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   Search Sent PMs   1.4   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   Personal Messages to Membergroups   1.4.3   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Move Old Topics   1.3.8     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   Last Active On MemberList   1.4     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   Join Reason   1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.   Global Headers Footers   2.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   Default_Membergroup   1.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.   Board Notification Mod   1.2.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.   Bad Behavior mod   1.5.17   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.   Anti-Spam Links   1.0.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.   Alternative Menu With Top Menu Icon & Button Remover   1.4.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.   Advanced Topic Prefix Mod   4.0.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.   Gender on Memberlist   1.5   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.   SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro   1.0.9   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.   SMFPacks WYSIWYG Editor   2.0.7   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.   SMFPacks Personal Conversations   1.0.3   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.   Anti-spam by CleanTalk   2.19     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.   Forum Firewall   2.0.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.   Akismet Spam Blocking   2.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.   Ad Managment   3.3a   [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Advertisement: